GOP SUPPORTS GUEST WORKER PROGRAM-bombshell article

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ImmortalE- i disagree, something will pass this year, i do not agree that nothing will happen...The RNC might not make tancredo's caucus vote yes on any immigration bill, but they will grab the vote of all moderate republican and conservative that do not want to go against president Bush on immigration. The RNC has a huge voice that they cant ignore.

Keep in mind that about 50 republican voted for the sensenbrenner bill because they were told by leaders that failing to vote yes on any kind of immigration bill would make them look soft on securing the boprder...

NOW, LET'S SAY THE SAME SENSENBRENNER BILL + A GUESTWORKER PROGRAM,COMES BACK TO THE HOUSE, FROM THE SENATE, AND GET VOTED ON TO, DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT THE ONES THAT VOTED YES ON IT WONT VOTE YES AGAIN FOR IT??
    THEY WERE FORCE TO VOTE YES ON IT, THE FIRST TIME AROUND BCAUSE IT WOULD MAKE THEM LOOK SOFT IF THEY VOTED NO, THE SAME THING WILL HAPPEN AGAIN, ONLY UNDER STRONGER HUGE PRESSURE FROM THE WHITE HOUSE + RNC.

Comment

IMMORTALE- IT IS A GIVEN THAT THE SENATE WILL PASS A GUEST WORKER PROGRAM..YOU SEEM TO NOT EVEN ADMIT THAT..THE SENATE MAJORITY LEADER, SPECTER SAID SO AND MCCAIN, WHICH HAS STRONG SUPPORT IN THE SENATE WILL TAKE THE LEAD CHARGE ON THE MADDER AND LETS NOT FOGET THE RNC RECENT ANNOUNCEMENT THAT SUPPORTS GUEST WORKER PROGRAM..THIS WOULD MAKE MORE SENATE MEMBERS MORE LENIENT TOWARD COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION BILL.

YOU NEED TO REALIZE THAT THE WHITE HOUSE BEEN SCHEMING FOR MONTHS, ON A WAY O ELIMINATE TANCREDOS FROM THIS DEBATE AND WILL NOT LET EXTREME LUNITIC LIKE TANCREDO DICTATE THE PRESIDENT'S 06 AGENDA.

YOU REALLY THINK THE REPUBLICAN PARTY WOULD LET TANCREDO EMBARRASS THE PRESIDENT LIKE THAT BY LETTING HIM BLOCK THE PRESIDENT IMMIGRATION BILL? WHY DO YOU THINK THE RNC SUPPORTS THE PRESIDENT ON IMMIGRATION, WHICH IS A HUGE BLOW TO ANYONE THAT REBUFF IMMIGRATION BILL.

Comment

I think some kind of Enforcement Only Bill has every chance to pass this year.
        Perhaps amended version of HR4437 (with somewhat less harsh/softer provisions for internal enforcement) will.
        But I don't see the real possibility of "Guest Worker" program to pass.
        This also echoes the Senate Majority leader Bill Frists agenda, who said "first we need to secure borders".
        Amended version of HR4437 would do that.
        And vote on "Guest Worker" program would be postponed at least until after elections.
        And then,as I said before, prospects for its' passage are VAGUE, to say the least.

I am not saying what I want/don't want to see happen, I simply observe and reflect on what is most likely to happen, based on what I observe and know.

You have every right to say whatever you want.

Best Regards,
        IE

Comment

ImmortalE- i disgree with you, here's why:
          1)An enforcement-only bill will not pass the senate + the president is on records saying he will NEVER sign an enforcement-only bill.

2)The only way an enforcement-only bill would pass both chambers is, if it get large bi-partisan support from both party(republican & democrats) and this would block any presidential vetoe power BUT, you and i knows that it(enforcement-only bill) will never gets such a large support because democrats are 100% united against such a bill + moderate republicans like broehner and Mccain will never vote for an enforcement only bill. Boehner and other moderate republicans, in fact voted NO against the Sensenbrenner. You and i know it DEFINATLY doesnt have the support in the SENATE because moderate republicans like mccain leads their chambers and 100% of the democrats do no support any bill that do not take care of the 11 million undocumented immigrant.

the senate is more lenient toward a guest worker program.

Even allan specter drafted a bill that contain guest worker program so what does that tell you?

immortalE- i do not see an enforcement bill only passing the senate, im sorry but you are wrong...the least that would happen is that nothing gets pass..enforcement or guest worker.

Comment

I am not a Nostradamus, for sure
            But I have reasons to beleive in what I state.

Only time will show who is more accurate in predictions.

You are entitled to your own opinion.

Best Regards,
            IE

Comment

ImmortalE- i disgree with you, here's why:
              1)An enforcement-only bill will not pass the senate + the president is on records saying he will NEVER sign an enforcement-only bill.

2)The only way an enforcement-only bill would pass both chambers is, if it get large bi-partisan support from both party(republican & democrats) and this would block any presidential vetoe power BUT, you and i knows that it(enforcement-only bill) will never gets such a large support because democrats are 100% united against such a bill + moderate republicans like broehner and Mccain will never vote for an enforcement only bill. Boehner and other moderate republicans, in fact voted NO against the Sensenbrenner. You and i know it DEFINATLY doesnt have the support in the SENATE because moderate republicans like mccain leads their chambers and 100% of the democrats do no support any bill that do not take care of the 11 million undocumented immigrant

Comment

Have a good one!

IE

Comment

explain to me how will an enforcement-only bill, will ever be enacted when the presidents + RNC which is the umbrella of the republican party, has stated that brute enforcement is off the table and a more comprehensive way to deal with immigration, is whats needed.

ImmortalE- are you aware that the president and the white house are working, behind the scene very hard to twist arms of GOP members that opposes his agenda and they wont stop untill they get the votes needed to pass their immigration bill?
                  the good thing about this is that the democrats are on the same page with the president and this is a big plus.
                  The RNC supporting the president, is just the beginning, you will hear more support come down on the guest worker program.

Are you calling the president a liar when he says he will only sign a comprehensive bill?

Did you know that only a bill that has overwhelming supports in both chambers can be enacted without the president signature???

Or maybe you feel that enforcement-only bill can get this large support to block any presidential vetoe??
                  Of course not, the sensenbrenner bill didnt even get this kind of support so i dont know what you are talking about when you say "enforcemnt'only" bill will pass both chambers. The real vote tally on the sensenbrenner bill was 238-221, which is very close, so can you call this overwhelming support???
                  Those numbers could have been easily swung toward the bill getting defeated if it wasnt for a lot of republicans being pressured into votes YES on any immigration bills.

Experts have states that supprt for a guest worker program is large enought to get it throught without a scratch because sen.Mccain is a major power behind the pro immigrant bill and he attract bi-partisan votes which is very attarctive for others to vote yes on it.

Jesus will not let an "enforcement-only" bill, pass both chambers.

Comment

dear mindless albatross23: the last time I checked, Jesus was not a) a congressman b) a senator c) in charge of immigration laws of the US of A....so how is he going to 'not let' an enforcement bill pass?
                    What, is he going to turn off the voting machines? Why does jc give a rat's behind about illegals? If you read the papers, there are millions of children starving to death or dying of malaria every day....why, pray tell, isn't your good buddy jesus doing anything about that? Why are illegal scumbag aliens more important to jesus than dying children???Please, explain this, dip$hit. I think jesus is not paying attention to our world, because, if he was, and was so concerned about illegals, he would cause an earthquake that would alter the borders of the US.....don't see that happening yet.....and again, why are illegals more important than starving & dying childre? Who knows, maybe jesus will post a reply himself......

Comment

Very funny, albatross23
                      And so is Someone12.

May God Bless You Two!

IE

Comment

Here is what is going to happen. The only guest worker program that will pass the no amnesty smell test is one that says the illegals have to sign up in their own country behind everyone else who is waiting in line. That way buisness gets workers for jobs Americans TRULY don't want, we have border security, Bush can say he didn't give amnesty.Then we can start to deport anyone who isn't signed up legally, and really crack down on employers.And no one can say we are not giving buisness the workers they need, or that we are anti-immigrant. Who can argue with allowing illegals the right to work here with past crimes forgiven if they just go home and get in line? And if they don't its their own fault and they are arrested. If you are paying attention, you can see the seeds of this growing now. Police HELPING ice, National Guard on Border, ect.

Comment

All I really see, Jan.S, is seeds of Full Amnesty unseen in History of America (in terms of numbers of illegals involved)..
                          But this kind of Amnesty still could be 10 years away from now.

I repeatedly shared my opinion on how I think the whole thing will go:

1. Enfocement Only Laws will be passed and illegals will be sought and caught at higher rates and expeditiously deported for some time to come in future.

2. Due to lack of nesessary funds (funds that would be required to apprehend, jail and deport 12 million people), and also due to the illegal aliens not voluntarily leaving US (despite whatever harsh measures you can think of) , this policy will end up with a lot of resources spent yet still many millions of illegals remaining in the country (while not anymore paying a penny in taxes).
                          The "Enthusiasm" of some will eventually wane.
                          Costs of failed policy, on the other hand, will be obvious to all.

3. At that point (as I said, could be 10 years from now.. or more.. or less.. ) the push will grow to pass a 1986 kind of FULL AMNESTY program.

4. Both you and Someone12 , at that time, will be banging your heads on the wall, asking what went wrong that so many millions got in the end fully amnestied and both of you will go to prepare another(new) plot to prevent still future, not arrived yet immigrants from coming to US.

5. I will always be laughing at this absurd tragi-comedy, and do so very loudly.

Best Regards,
                          IE

Comment

Never gonna happen

Comment

If the Republican Party was really in support of amnesty for illegal aliens, those who have disregarded America's sovereignty and rule-of-law, then why did the Republican-controlled House of Representatives vote to enact HR4437 in December, 2005?

Comment

did you even read this article or is it the fact that you cant read? are you aware that his rticle is dated jan 21th 06..Even tancredo stated that the RNC vote for immigration is a very bad sign for the sensenbrenner bill. Read the article.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation