X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHECK THIS OUT

Hey guys check this out:-

07/15/2004: USCIS Will Not Adjudicate I-130 Petitions Until Priority Date Becomes Available

Today, USCIS announced that the Service Centers would cease to adjudicate the I-130 Relative Petitions until the visa number would become available for the classifications. Accordingly, it advises the I-130 petition approval waiters to ignore the processing times which were printed in their Receipt Notices.
    The policy will affect the immigrant visa application procedure for the immigrant visa applicants residing abroad. Currently, the National Visa Center is commencing the processing of immigrant visa application at least six months before the reach of priority date, helping the immigrant visa applicant to complete the IV application processing relatively early. This NVC practice is available because the USCIS send the I-130 approval notices to the NVC. Under the new USCIS procedure, it will not adjudicate I-130 petitions until the priority date becomes available and the NVC will not be able to process the immigrant visa application proceedings prior to certain later date after reaching the priority date on the Visa Bulletin. As a consequence, the family-based IV applicant of preference categories will experience delays in processing of their application.
    For those who reside in the U.S., the new procedure will not affect the processing times of I-485 since I-485 cannot be filed until I-130 is first approved even under the current practice.
    However, there are a number of areas in the immigration statutes which determine certain benefits by the approval of I-130 petitions, even though most of the benefits are attached by the date of filing (priority date) of I-130 petition, 245(i) benefit for instance. The immigration lawyers should analyze the types of benefits that can be negatively affected by the USCIS policy change on adjudication of I-130.
    For the USCIS announcement, please click here.

Life of IBIS Clearance: In the immigration adjudication process, one of the most obnoxious culprit that causes backlog is IBIS name check for criminals and security risk aliens. For the three years, the immigration agency worked on a rule that the adjudicators conduct the name check before adjudication and the check remained valid "only for 35 days!" Accordingly, should the adjudication fail to complete within 35 days, the adjudicators had to redo the IBIS check over and over again. Not only the IBIS check takes time but also such work demanded a tremendous man/hour workloads leading to the eventual accumulation of backlogs. Recently, USCIS study revealed that the life of IBIS check can last longer than 35 days for the purpose of its intended detection of criminals and secruity risk aliens and has decided to change it from 35 days to "90 days." This is indeed a welcome move. This move will certainly help processing times of I-485 adjudications.

Hey guys check this out:-

07/15/2004: USCIS Will Not Adjudicate I-130 Petitions Until Priority Date Becomes Available

Today, USCIS announced that the Service Centers would cease to adjudicate the I-130 Relative Petitions until the visa number would become available for the classifications. Accordingly, it advises the I-130 petition approval waiters to ignore the processing times which were printed in their Receipt Notices.
    The policy will affect the immigrant visa application procedure for the immigrant visa applicants residing abroad. Currently, the National Visa Center is commencing the processing of immigrant visa application at least six months before the reach of priority date, helping the immigrant visa applicant to complete the IV application processing relatively early. This NVC practice is available because the USCIS send the I-130 approval notices to the NVC. Under the new USCIS procedure, it will not adjudicate I-130 petitions until the priority date becomes available and the NVC will not be able to process the immigrant visa application proceedings prior to certain later date after reaching the priority date on the Visa Bulletin. As a consequence, the family-based IV applicant of preference categories will experience delays in processing of their application.
    For those who reside in the U.S., the new procedure will not affect the processing times of I-485 since I-485 cannot be filed until I-130 is first approved even under the current practice.
    However, there are a number of areas in the immigration statutes which determine certain benefits by the approval of I-130 petitions, even though most of the benefits are attached by the date of filing (priority date) of I-130 petition, 245(i) benefit for instance. The immigration lawyers should analyze the types of benefits that can be negatively affected by the USCIS policy change on adjudication of I-130.
    For the USCIS announcement, please click here.

Life of IBIS Clearance: In the immigration adjudication process, one of the most obnoxious culprit that causes backlog is IBIS name check for criminals and security risk aliens. For the three years, the immigration agency worked on a rule that the adjudicators conduct the name check before adjudication and the check remained valid "only for 35 days!" Accordingly, should the adjudication fail to complete within 35 days, the adjudicators had to redo the IBIS check over and over again. Not only the IBIS check takes time but also such work demanded a tremendous man/hour workloads leading to the eventual accumulation of backlogs. Recently, USCIS study revealed that the life of IBIS check can last longer than 35 days for the purpose of its intended detection of criminals and secruity risk aliens and has decided to change it from 35 days to "90 days." This is indeed a welcome move. This move will certainly help processing times of I-485 adjudications.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation