X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hudson
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pdxer:
    Hello

I will be getting married in China in August. I am a U.S. citizen living in U.S. and she is Chinese citizen living in China.

Even though we will be married in China first should I still submit the I-129F (fiance form) or should I just submit the I-130 form or both.

I'm most concerned with which form will allow her to come to the U.S. in the quickest timeframe. She has never been to U.S. Not sure if that matters.

thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Immigrant Visa for a Spouse (IR1 or CR1)

OR

Nonimmigrant Visa for a Spouse (K-3)

I am assuming that your wife has no children. In both cases, the time frame will be about 2 years. The main difference is whether you want the process to go through counsular processing or through USCIS. May I suggest you look to see wheich Consulate or Embassy has time trames on the immigrant spousal visa? If you need help, let me know which provence your future wife is from.

Leave a comment:

• NeedHelpFast
    replied
    You will actually need to submit both...

The I-130 is for an immigrant visa. The I-129F is for a K3 visa so that your wife can come here while the I-130 is pending. They are essentially separate filings although you must prove that you have filed an I-130 when you file the I-129F.

Processing times: Neither the American Immgiration Lawyers Association nor the BCIS post this data. However I have heard vague rumors that it takes 4 months.
    The purpose of the K3 is to reunite married couples quickly it should take less than 4 months but it may not.

Leave a comment:

• pdxer
    replied
    Hello

I will be getting married in China in August. I am a U.S. citizen living in U.S. and she is Chinese citizen living in China.

Even though we will be married in China first should I still submit the I-129F (fiance form) or should I just submit the I-130 form or both.

I'm most concerned with which form will allow her to come to the U.S. in the quickest timeframe. She has never been to U.S. Not sure if that matters.

Any other suggestions/tips would be appreciated also.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• pdxer
    started a topic I129F or I130???

I129F or I130???

Hello

Any other suggestions/tips would be appreciated also.

thanks
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation