X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bannister
    replied
    If one obtains visa or visa was obtained for one under false pretence, his/her presence is unlawful period.

Leave a comment:

• kingmoon
    replied
    Thank you for the information! I will start to call them up. Are there any good lawyers in MD or GA or TX?

Leave a comment:

• explora
    replied
    To Kingmoon:

ilw.com had an article about Gregory Siskind out of Memphis TN. The article was about a Miami FL law firm who'd copied similiarities from Siskind's website. It was noted that Siskind is known nationally. And I believe he submits some info occasionally to ilw.com.

ilw.com/articles/2007,0116-Siskend, shtm

CHAT: http://www.visalaw.com

siskind@visalaw.com

Also, an atty. named Carl Shusterman in California who you can find out more about from About.com/immigration attorneys.

I've not hired them because Siskind's office said that for my issue I've got an attorney in my area that could do the same for me.

Another agressive attorney is Jonathan A. Bartell in Cleveland OH. 216.771.1900, 866.467.5292. Jonathan Bartell@immigrationman.com

I overheard him speaking with another atty about a case that he really dug up some good info in favor of his client that was going to be deported and it was awesome!

Leave a comment:

• sandy230678
    replied
    thnx shabbar,i came in sep.1981 with my aunt on tourist visa which was valid 4 six months so i was at legal status until march 1982 and they say ur aunt couldn't file for me that time.

Leave a comment:

• kingmoon
    replied
    Could you let me know who is the lawyer you hired? I need a top notch lawyer for my case but do not know where to find real great lawyers. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Shabber
    replied
    How did they say that you had legal status for 2 months after 1982 and for how long was it.

Did they have your prior records or was this based on what you showed them. I think the duration you could have been absent was 60 days.

Leave a comment:

• sandy230678
    replied
    hi,i had my interview for i-687 at hartford,conn and after two weeks i got denial letter stating that i came in 80s with my aunt and my aunt can't apply for my legalization that time and i had legal status for two months after jan,1982.now i don't know what to do,i have chance to appeal but i think its not gonna work.if somebody have any experience like this,share it,i will be grateful or any piece of advice.thnx in advance.

Leave a comment:

• dece
    replied
    BAMBULA
    We also came in 1980 on a f1 and f2 and went back once in 1982.We filed for LULAC in 1989 and LIFE in 2001.Like you ,we had all the evidence to show residency. The issue really is to show "illegal" residency, meaning that in some sort of way you violated the terms of your visa e.g working
    We received our GC in 2004 through the LIFE ACT.Went to the interview and there were issues that the officer wanted resolved. Took care of that and after 4 months got approved.
    Yes, we had a local well known attorney present for the proceedings and I would NEVER go without one for ANY LEGAL proceeding.
    We had the same issues, the officer was basically looking for a way to deny and you just have to prove otherwise.
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• dmartmar
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I told him illnesses prevented me from going to school but he did not believe me. He was merely looking for any reason to deny me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What did you bring in with you to back up your claims? I mean, a school semester lasts a minimum of 4 months. Were you sick a full semester in a row? Two semesters? If you came in to study, yet couldn't, why didn't you go back home?

Doctor's notices, prescriptions, hospital stays/bills, surgeries, etc?

Leave a comment:

• HBKHBK
    replied
    I do not understand this whole dilema..

I do not wanna be judgmental,but the officer aka ins officer immigration officer had all the right in the world to deny you.

You need to realize something...you are not nor were a good US resident.U were in the US as non immigrant,you are not even a US resident meaning u are not a permanent resident,nor were you one...

so it really does not matter how well u behaved here.

Leave a comment:

• Rough Neighbor
    replied
    I stand corrected and I caught it myself, because I initially defined it off-hand.

Leave a comment:

• Rough Neighbor
    replied
    Actually, in 2005, a judge in California ruled in favor of a class legalization suit filed under Catholic Social Services (CSS) v. Ridge et all or under Newman/LULAC v. USCIS.

On January 23, 2004, the federal district court in Sacramento, California, approved a settlement of the CSS class action (PDF document). On February 17, 2004 a federal judge approved a final settlement in the Newman (LULAC) case.

Leave a comment:

• Rough Neighbor
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have a silly question. What is LULAC?
    I keep seeing it on the boards constantly but haven't read much.
    Is this the 1986 amnesty thing? If so, why are you guys applying for legalization 20 years later??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's League of United Latin American Citizens. Actually, in 2005, a judge in California ruled in favor of a class legalization suit filed under Catholic Social Services (CSS) v. Ridge et all or under Newman/LULAC v. USCIS. Using Form I-687, members of the class (or those who missed to file/filed but rejected) under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, 8 U.S.C. 1255a could file. But the opportunity window had sunset on December 31, 2005. The flurry of interviews are taking place until now.

IPerson, I'm new on board, Someone12 kept me busy immediately upon landing. I know it's late,
    but I'm uncomfortable to have a lady, any lady for that matter, to have a hanging question.

Leave a comment:

• ramamurthy
    replied
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by ramamurthy:
    Dear Bambulu:

(1) You have a bachelor's, master's, and an MBA. You can apply for permanent residency under the "aliens of exceptional ability" or "aliens with advanced degrees" category. Not all US citizens have three degrees like you.

(2) You have been here for 30 years and counting. Is your wife a US citizen? If your wife is a US citizen, she can apply for your permanent residency.

(3) Are your children born in the US? If your children are born in the US, they are automatically US citizens so they can apply for your permanent residency when they are 18 or more years old.

I hope this helps.

I'm in a different situation. I'm a cook in an Indian restaurant. My wife and I came here in 1976 as tourists and we didn't leave. Our five children are all US citizens (26, 24, 23, 20, and 18) and they are now sponsoring us for permanent residency.

Leave a comment:

• ramamurthy
    replied
    Dear Bambulu:

(1) You have a bachelor's, master's, and an MBA. You can apply for permanent residency under the "aliens of exceptional ability and aliens with advanced degrees" category. Not all US citizens have three degrees like you.

(2) You have been here for 30 years and counting. Is your wife a US citizen? If your wife is a US citizen, she can apply for your permanent residency when they are 18 or more years old.

(3) Are your children born in the US? If your children are born in the US, they are automatically US citizens so they can apply for your permanent residency when they are 18 or more years old.

I hope this helps.

I'm in a different situation. I'm a cook in an Indian restaurant. My wife and I came here in 1976 as tourists and we didn't leave. Our five children are all US citizens (26, 24, 23, 20, and 18) and they are now sponsoring us for permanent residency.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation