Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a quick question

hey, i am on my conditional greencard that will expire 2008 aug.i got married to my husband in 2005 april 21st.i have to file to remove the conditions on 2008 july.my question is will i be able to apply for citizenship before even i remove the condition? i will married for 3 years in 2008 april even before my conditional gc expires..thanks for the help

hey, i am on my conditional greencard that will expire 2008 aug.i got married to my husband in 2005 april 21st.i have to file to remove the conditions on 2008 july.my question is will i be able to apply for citizenship before even i remove the condition? i will married for 3 years in 2008 april even before my conditional gc expires..thanks for the help

Comment

I think you are miscalculating the three-year rule on filing for naturalization based on marriage to a USC. Instead of using your marriage date as your starting date, you should start the countdown from the "Resident Since" date which is written on your conditional green card. Another thing, you should file your I-751 three months or 90 days before August 2008, not in July 2008.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation