Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ex-wife over seas....

Hello everyone, I am new in here and I have to admitt very naive. I want to share my story with you all and see if you all can help me out.

I am married to a Loation guy. He came to this country on a B2 visa. His wife or should I say his ex-wife which he left behind is causing all sorts of headaches. She was not happy about their divorce and of him coming to the US. She threaten to go to the Village Head Chief and state they did not divorce and wants him back home so she can kill him, so she said. In his country, they don't have written documents of marriage nor documents of divorce. Relatives just married/divorced the couples.

Anyways, what can I do to help him out? Can she really do that? What are the measures for sending someone back? Are there known cases where that has happend? If so, what were the end results?

Hello everyone, I am new in here and I have to admitt very naive. I want to share my story with you all and see if you all can help me out.

I am married to a Loation guy. He came to this country on a B2 visa. His wife or should I say his ex-wife which he left behind is causing all sorts of headaches. She was not happy about their divorce and of him coming to the US. She threaten to go to the Village Head Chief and state they did not divorce and wants him back home so she can kill him, so she said. In his country, they don't have written documents of marriage nor documents of divorce. Relatives just married/divorced the couples.

Anyways, what can I do to help him out? Can she really do that? What are the measures for sending someone back? Are there known cases where that has happend? If so, what were the end results?

Comment

Hi Chinagurl,

This sounds weired...

did I understand corectly that your ex-husbands ex-wife is the one making problems?
      What she has to do with your coming to US? Are you US citizen?

+ where is your ex-husband? If in the US, what's his status?

Comment

First, answer the following:
        1. are you a U.S. citizen
        2. how long after his arrival on B2 visa you got married
        3. have you filed any paperwork for his adjustment of status, if you did what forms you filed

Cheers.

Comment

OK, I misread the post...I got it now.

Comment

WHAT APELAND IS HE FROM???

Comment

Hello everyone,

Sup....I am a U.S. citizen. We married 7 months after he arrived. Yes, I filed I-130, I-485, the work permit, and the green card forms (forgot what forms they were). All forms were completed at the same time.

I spoke to a lawyer sometime last week. He stated there was nothing the ex-wife could do. Even if she would to go to the Embassy and reported him.

Comment

Hi Chinag

hmmm..
                Were they already divorced when he came here on tourist visa?

Did he produce a certificate of divorce for you to get your marriage license here? or did he say he was not married for you to obtain it?

You said that in Laos they do not have certificates/recordings of marriage and divorce... did you check that custom out?
                How exactly was this issue addresed in the AOS paperwork?

few more details here please... dont be so eager to take lawyers word that everything will be ok.

Comment

I SUSPECT THAT EVERY APE COMING HERE FROM APELAND HAS BEEN MARRIED AT LEAST A DOZEN TIMES IN SUCCESSION WITHOUT EVER GETTING DIVORCED, SO AT THIS POINT IT IS PLAIN AND PROVEN FACT THAT THIS APE IS JUST ONE OF THEM ****STERS !!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation