X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport question

Dear Friends,

Currently i am having H4 visa in my passport. My Passport expires on 29 July 2005. I am going to India in January 2005 and returning in Feb 2005. My question is that is it necessary to have atleast 6 months validity on your passport at U.S port of entry, since i will be having only 5 months validity in passport when i return to U.S in Feb.

Thanking you.

Dear Friends,

Currently i am having H4 visa in my passport. My Passport expires on 29 July 2005. I am going to India in January 2005 and returning in Feb 2005. My question is that is it necessary to have atleast 6 months validity on your passport at U.S port of entry, since i will be having only 5 months validity in passport when i return to U.S in Feb.

Thanking you.

Comment

Hi denali1 ,

I have heard of passport to be valid (not expired) when u file something with BCIS.... But as u know it can get as bad as u wouldn't even dream abt it at airport in India... well what I can suggest u... don't go to Bombay ... if possible go to Delhi ...coz in Bombay its worst than anything.... Other thing I don't know for sure but u might want to send ur passport to consulate of India over here and get it renewed ...they will give u a new passport and old one with cut corners and ur visa will be valid for the period it was mentioned for.... Good luck...others will give u more info abt it...Pasha

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation