Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship Test Information Needed.

I was checking out the citizenship requirements / test questions etc. on the official USC webpage for my wife, when she asked me where she would have to register for classes to get her prepared for the exam and interview. We have the forms at home, including the book with additional questions to practice with, but I could not find any college up here in Norther Michigan that provides such service. Does anyone have any info on citizenship classes / interview prep. for naturalization ? We live close to Traverse City Michigan.

I was checking out the citizenship requirements / test questions etc. on the official USC webpage for my wife, when she asked me where she would have to register for classes to get her prepared for the exam and interview. We have the forms at home, including the book with additional questions to practice with, but I could not find any college up here in Norther Michigan that provides such service. Does anyone have any info on citizenship classes / interview prep. for naturalization ? We live close to Traverse City Michigan.

Comment

Hi Shepweb

If you call your local Community College or an Immigrant's Advocacy organization, they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Those groups should be listed in your phone book, though a google search should yield some preliminary results as well.
      The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

SHEPWEB,
        I am sorry but Are You Kidding Me? ? ?

Citizenship classes????Intervie Prepare classes?????

HA HA HA . . . .

Reality Check, for the love of God, I never ever even heard of classes to prepare for the citizenship test haha...

You need to understand something,any monkey with 30% brain cell will pass the exam

They will only ask at the interview 5 questions (maybe) and ask to write down 2 simple sentences. THATS IT...

The citizenship test aka exam,last only 5 minutes lol

Citizenship classes? ? ? wow. I have to HIGHLIGHT this question lol

Comment

Wrong. They have now changed the policy and procedures. Now they are asking 50 questions. For every wrong answer, your citizenship is delayed for 6 months. And if you get more than 3 wrong answers, you are deportable. Y'all might not know this but it is a fact. They want everyone who wants to be part of US of A to know its history and culture.
          I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

You may not like what I have to say but that does not mean I am wrong.

Comment

Thanks for the info Aroha, I will Google it again and see what I can find out.
            Thank you to everyone else for your input and HBKHBK make sure to highlight this, the case worker said they prefer new applicants to attend and complete the Citizenship Class rather than just read the book. Maybe Detroit has different expectations. I wasn't kidding at all when I posted the question. I know at least in here I get a straight forward answer without the BS, so we can continue to do things right.
            Thank you all again

Comment

Shep,

I am a recignized Senior Member here.

Fact of the matter is, I do not know what single human who had to take classes in order to study for the citizenship test.PERIOD.

WhiteUSC, you need to finish your HS or get your ged.before you continue giving your 5 cent junio high drop out opinion.

The US citizenship test is universal within every state.
              Only 5 questions are being asked,if you miss one,they add another one...and 2 sentences needs to written in english voia dictation.

3 weeks ago,I had buddies in Ohio and in Michigan passing the pathetic test.

What color is the flag,
              who is the mayor of your city
              who wrote the national anthem
              who is the father of our country
              who freed the slaves

It took them 5 minutes....

but if u decice to take actually classes to study for something, then u are something else.

Show me one person,who had to take classes in order to study this pathetic exam lol one...lol

I am here to help with facts,and if I find a question funny or pathetic I will say so.

PS: whiteUSC...no one asked you for your pathetic opinion,you wannabe white ****!

Comment

You're a senior member because of your post count, HB, so quality of advice doesn't come in to play.

Shep, if the USCIS suggested it themselves, then try calling your nearest office. If it's something they want your wife to do, then they ought to know where the classes are.
                The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Try these links:

http://www.jfsdetroit.org/immigration.htm

http://www.cliniclegal.org/Programs/Citizenship.html

Good luck!
                  Have all the good s.ex you can, in all the ways you can, for as long as ever you can !

-- Sabuntium The Great

Comment

Thank you all for your info--very helpful including the humor .

Comment

Thanks HBK2 for sharing your experience regarding that test. I am likewise curious as to what questions were asked.

Shepweb, good luck to your wife! Come back and give us the good news when she's finished (I'm almost sure she can make it.)
                      Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Comment

Trivia - regarding this test:

Could you pass the latest citizenship test?
                        In October 2008 a new version of the U.S. citizenship test will be taken by all applicants. Could you pass it? The questions are usually selected from a list of 100 samples that prospective citizens can look at ahead of the interview. Some are easy, some are not. We have picked some of the more difficult ones.

NOTES: Candidates are not given multiple choices in the naturalization interview. The following questions have been adapted from the immigration service's sample questions.

1. Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?

George Washington

Thomas Jefferson

James Madison

John Hancock

2. When was the Constitution written?

3. What are the first words of the Constitution?

When, in the course of human events

In order to form a more perfect Union

To whom it may concern

We the People

the rest of the article.
                        Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HBKHBK:
                          Shep,

I am a recignized Senior Member here.

Fact of the matter is, I do not know what single human who had to take classes in order to study for the citizenship test.PERIOD.

WhiteUSC, you need to finish your HS or get your ged.before you continue giving your 5 cent junio high drop out opinion.

The US citizenship test is universal within every state.
                          Only 5 questions are being asked,if you miss one,they add another one...and 2 sentences needs to written in english voia dictation.

3 weeks ago,I had buddies in Ohio and in Michigan passing the pathetic test.

What color is the flag,
                          who is the mayor of your city
                          who wrote the national anthem
                          who is the father of our country
                          who freed the slaves

It took them 5 minutes....

but if u decice to take actually classes to study for something, then u are something else.

Show me one person,who had to take classes in order to study this pathetic exam lol one...lol

I am here to help with facts,and if I find a question funny or pathetic I will say so.

PS: whiteUSC...no one asked you for your pathetic opinion,you wannabe white ****! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now only if some people here can appreciate humor in life. OP certainly does.
                          I am not racist. I am not anti-immigrant. I am AGAINST CRIMINALS, FRAUDSTERS, WHO DISOBEY THE LAW, BREAK THE LAW AND PERPETRATE THE FRAUD.

You may not like what I have to say but that does not mean I am wrong.

Comment

hey shepweb,
                            I just had my naturalization test last April here in sacramento, ca. I was asked about 10 questions and the IO told me that I can only miss 4 out of 10, after the biometrics they will give her a reviewer w/ 90+ questions to it and it also come w/ an audio CD, so he can just listen to them over and over until she memorizes them. It's a piece of cake, she doesn't need a class to prepare for it. So good luck to her.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation