7 amnesties since 1986

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    It bes to not be draggin God into these here arguments. The case can be made fer just the opposite ya know. God be tellin us obey them laws and not be breakin them too.

I wonduz why people be talkin bout divirsity bein grand and all. That word be rooted in being divided. This here country be a meltin pot so it better said assimilation which some be havin a problem with and not wantin to. That be a big gripe with lots o people. If ya's come here, be american, and ya be accepted. Cant be no this-american or that-american. Hyphenated names be makin no sense. That be showin divided loyalties and we cant be havin that. Cant be havin one foot in and one out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here are the definitions I was making reference to. When discussing diversity, it means to embrace differences. I've never read anything where diversity means to divide. Maybe it is the root word, but its meaning it totally different in today's world.

Definition of DIVERSITY

1: the condition of having or being composed of differing elements : variety; especially * : the inclusion of different types of people (as people of different races or cultures) in a group or organization &lt; programs intended to promote diversity in schools

2: an instance of being composed of differing elements or qualities : an instance of being diverse &lt;a diversity of opinion&gt;

Comment

According to the Bible, Jesus didn't exactly follow the Law of the Land at the time. In today's language the Roman Empire might have called Him a terrorist. So saying God said obey the Law and don't break it is hardly true. The real lesson was if a law is morally wrong, then it needs to be broken as a sign of resistance.

Would you turn over your best friend, a Jew in Hitlers Germany because the law says you must?

The famous saying is true, Laws are made to be broken sometimes.
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home.

Comment

Speaking of the fact I was born and raised in Canada and 70% of my family has both US and Cdn Citizenships,,, yet i am next on line,,,,,, so i am not too sure why you are drifting the topic offsite and not return the key with interest accumulated since your *** got beaten in Vietnam,,,,,,, Just return the spare key as well....'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
          Abnormal_Toronto: I understand that a country-shopper such as yourself has no concept of sovereignty. Hopefully, you'll never get to immigrate to America; you don't deserve the opportunity. I guess that the poor Canadians will be stuck with your sorry behind...and regretting the day that they ever allowed you to live in their country.

using your...er,logic, to whom should the Canadians, Mexicans, Guatemalans, Hondurans, etc., return the "keys" of their countries?

(Note to Mexicans: Your country is such a mess that the original inhabitants wouldn't want it back)

Frankly, you're too stupid for words. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

That be the issue there PUSC. With them divirsity types they be wanten to keep things different. Like a pack a M&M's from the perspective of language, culture, and ways of life.

Some be tryin to cloud the issue saying it be about color and such to hide the truth and makes it look racial. Aint nuthin of the sort. It be about who ya loyal to. What language ya want to speak. What flag they be flyin on holidays.

We suppose to be americans with a single loyalty to this here country and nones else. Divirsity be teachin otherwise sayin ya ain'ts got to be loyal to this country and ya aint got to speak english and ya dont be havin to assimilate. Them germans tried that multicultural nonsense and it failed. We needs to wake up. This is one country, not many.

Simplelife makes it sound like we is scientists from some other planet. A scientist visits some place, observes, and learns. I thought we be here to be fruitful and multiply. Thats what i be trien to do all the time.

One others thing. This here country wasnt a country back when indians roamed them plains. And, they displaced other inhabitants. It impossible to say who is the original dwellers of this here land. But, it be safe to say Europeans was the first dwellers from when it becomes the U.S. of A.
            This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation