Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    that would be the best logical thing to do...thanks...

Leave a comment:

• federale86
    replied
    Report it to the Social Security Administration.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
    Well this is an easy one. You know most likely that this is going to be someone you know or roomed with who may have sold or given your information to somebody to use.

Request transcripts from the IRS for tax years 2005 thru 2009. They will even fax them to you if you get a nice customer rep.

You will be able to see the employer. You can seperate which ones are not you. determine the latest employer and make plans to contact ,

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;well when i originally got the notice from the IRS.. i recieved some paperwork showing the employers and the location and they were from like delaware and maryland...i contacted the employers one did not exist anymore and the other one didnt want to help me...they wanted me to fax proof that i was who i say i am n well since somebody already is using my ssn i didnt want to fax any info...

Sounds like the employer is in violation of identification items etc. I9 requirments. so be careful how you tread.

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;wut do u mean with the above sentences...

I hope this is not someone you know.

&gt;&gt;&gt; I also hope its not...but how would they have gotten my info i reside in tx n they reside like in delaware...who knows now where they r working i haven requested the paperwork i should thou...

Dont worry about the uscis thing with this. ICE does not have anything to do with IRS&gt; Problem however will be when they catch up with this other illegal person, ICE will get involved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

&gt;&gt;&gt;well i hope it doesnt affect me when i file for my dad...n well as far as the other person i dont like the fact that they/she is using my ssn..so i do understand that there should be immigration laws at play but to a certain extent i think...

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    Well this is an easy one. You know most likely that this is going to be someone you know or roomed with who may have sold or given your information to somebody to use.

Request transcripts from the IRS for tax years 2005 thru 2009. They will even fax them to you if you get a nice customer rep.

You will be able to see the employer. You can seperate which ones are not you. determine the latest employer and make plans to contact , Sounds like the employer is in violation of identification items etc. I9 requirments. so be careful how you tread.

I hope this is not someone you know.

<STRIKE>Dont worry about the uscis thing with this. ICE does not have anything to do with IRS</STRIKE>
    Problem however will be when they catch up with this other illegal person, ICE will get involved.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:
    Do you know the person that is using your social? Are they also using your name?

How did you find out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I recieved a letter from the IRS stating that I owe them about 7,000+ because they say i did not report income for year 2005 or 2006 dont remember i got it years back...so i fixed the IRS issue i sent them documentation and they cleared it...n no i dont know the person they reside in a diff state...n yes they r using my name...

n i contacted the IRS agian n they tell me that they r still using my ssn...

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    Do you know the person that is using your social? Are they also using your name?

How did you find out?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    if somebody is using my social...how do i report them...

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic different topic

different topic

if somebody is using my social...how do i report them...
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney