Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I travel within the US if I havent done my Adjust of Status???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I travel within the US if I havent done my Adjust of Status???

I came first as an Au Pair and met my husband, then I went home to my country and then I came back to US with a VSITOR's visa and got married days before the visa expired and we have a baby boy born here in US. Now we've been married for almost a year and Im currently completing my Adj of Status forms.

We live in PA and we are planning to go to California in about 6 weeks. Do I need a special altorization to travel within the US or not???

I came first as an Au Pair and met my husband, then I went home to my country and then I came back to US with a VSITOR's visa and got married days before the visa expired and we have a baby boy born here in US. Now we've been married for almost a year and Im currently completing my Adj of Status forms.

We live in PA and we are planning to go to California in about 6 weeks. Do I need a special altorization to travel within the US or not???

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by berni32:

We live in PA and we are planning to go to California in about 6 weeks. Do I need a special altorization to travel within the US or not??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
      Only if you are traveling outside the US or to Puerto Rico. Within the US, you must show a valid Id such as a passport or driver's license. No I-131 is required within the Continental US, Alaska, or Hawaii.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

The question has been asked many times. If you have a US ID or driver license, that's enough to travel within the US. The only problem is that the USCIS sometimes check people at the airport if they look suspicious. This is particularly true in places close to the border like San Diego in California. Minorities usually are the target. But if you're from Europe and a white, it's unlikely they would suspect you. Domestic travel won't be a problem. Just beware of people who know you're illegal and then tip off the airport people. It happened and would happen....

Comment

I mean there is sometimes random checking at the airport. After 9/11, US authorities have become paranoid. Worse is if you look Middle Easter with a Muslim sounding name...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by macyuhoo:
          The question has been asked many times. If you have a US ID or driver license, that's enough to travel within the US. The only problem is that the USCIS sometimes check people at the airport if they look suspicious. This is particularly true in places close to the border like San Diego in California. Minorities usually are the target. But if you're from Europe and a white, it's unlikely they would suspect you. Domestic travel won't be a problem. Just beware of people who know you're illegal and then tip off the airport people. It happened and would happen.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Have a Safe Flight. The only problem you will have is entertaining the baby on the flight

Comment

Ive heard that if person who is illegal here giving a birth she can stay here till baby will be 18 years old.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Happy_wife:
                Ive heard that if person who is illegal here giving a birth she can stay here till baby will be 18 years old. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                wrong

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed