Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on I-751 waiver

Hello! I got my conditional permanent residence through marriage in 2006. The card will expire soon in February 2008. Recently, I have been trying to submit the I-751 form. We entered the marriage in good faith. However, during the past two years (almost), we had many fights and arguments. Few days ago, we had another fight and he said maybe he should not sign the I-751 if our marriage is falling apart. He did not physically abuse me but we just had many fights and differences towards life. I don't have any police/hospital reports for the proof of abuse. What should I do if he does not sign? I know I can file for a waiver. What documents do I need to submit for a waiver? Is it better to hire a lawyer? Will the immigration office request an interview? (We don't have a joint bank account and we did not file tax jointly but we are living together. Please help me. I have a stable job and I want to stay in the US. Thank you so much!

Hello! I got my conditional permanent residence through marriage in 2006. The card will expire soon in February 2008. Recently, I have been trying to submit the I-751 form. We entered the marriage in good faith. However, during the past two years (almost), we had many fights and arguments. Few days ago, we had another fight and he said maybe he should not sign the I-751 if our marriage is falling apart. He did not physically abuse me but we just had many fights and differences towards life. I don't have any police/hospital reports for the proof of abuse. What should I do if he does not sign? I know I can file for a waiver. What documents do I need to submit for a waiver? Is it better to hire a lawyer? Will the immigration office request an interview? (We don't have a joint bank account and we did not file tax jointly but we are living together. Please help me. I have a stable job and I want to stay in the US. Thank you so much!

Comment

mike, why don't you suggest her to go through a marriage counseling first?

question to hyw, how did you meet your husband and did you date him before u married him?

Comment

Hi Mike and bluebrightsky,

Thaks for your replies. I appreciate both your feedback. I wil send you private e-mails.

Comment

question, how do I send a private e-mail to you? Sorry I just found out this website today and am not familiar with the tools yet. Thanks.

Comment

I've sent a private e-mail to both of you.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hyw:
              Hello! I got my conditional permanent residence through marriage in 2006. The card will expire soon in February 2008. Recently, I have been trying to submit the I-751 form. We entered the marriage in good faith. However, during the past two years (almost), we had many fights and arguments. Few days ago, we had another fight and he said maybe he should not sign the I-751 if our marriage is falling apart. He did not physically abuse me but we just had many fights and differences towards life. I don't have any police/hospital reports for the proof of abuse. What should I do if he does not sign? I know I can file for a waiver. What documents do I need to submit for a waiver? Is it better to hire a lawyer? Will the immigration office request an interview? (We don't have a joint bank account and we did not file tax jointly but we are living together. Please help me. I have a stable job and I want to stay in the US. Thank you so much! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with Bluebrightsky.

I believe that marriage counseling is in order here. cultural differences have gotten in the way. Now your husband is believing that there is no point in filing the 751 if you are just in it for the greencard.

I dont hear you giving any evidences about abuse. I hear you saying disagreements etc. Are these fights physical fights? or are they just normal marital disagreements. if so. this is not abuse.

Did you file tax return married filing seperately, or have you both just not filed your joint tax return yet?

to file a waiver, alien has to be divorced with final decree. are you willing to let waiver dictate the outcome of your marriage??

My suggestion to you is to work on your marriage and at least get the joint petition in the works.. as you have very weak written evidences of marriage. Especially the standard type such as joint tax returns and bank statements. You could very well be returning to your country if this marriage falls apart before the 2 year conditional period with low chance of approval on a waiver with the weak evidences that you would present.

Besides, whats a 10 yr greencarsd anyway... US citizenship is the gold. hang in there for at least one more year and collect the grand prize

Comment

Hi

Thanks for all your feedback.
                Mike: I've sent you another private message.
                4now: I've replied to you with a private message.
                hyw

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed