Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Application for naturalization. what are her chances?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application for naturalization. what are her chances?

Greetings folks!

I have been reading your threads for a while and I want to express my gratitudes for all the insights that flow back and forth on this forum.

My girlfriend is 20 and just reached the 5 years required from a LPR before they can apply for citizenship.
    But she got out of her mind a few months ago and shoplifted in a Kohl. This is her first offense and I'm wondering what are her changes.
    He trial is pending and I'm wondering if she will ever get the citizenship.
    Please share your thoughts with me on this one.

Thank you,

Balafa

Greetings folks!

I have been reading your threads for a while and I want to express my gratitudes for all the insights that flow back and forth on this forum.

My girlfriend is 20 and just reached the 5 years required from a LPR before they can apply for citizenship.
    But she got out of her mind a few months ago and shoplifted in a Kohl. This is her first offense and I'm wondering what are her changes.
    He trial is pending and I'm wondering if she will ever get the citizenship.
    Please share your thoughts with me on this one.

Thank you,

Balafa

Comment

Not only will she NOT receive Citizenship...she is likely to be deported.

Comment

sundevil
        I think you will be deported for talking too much ****.
        stop trying to gain popularity by acting like micheal. no one likes you anyways.
        as for balafa sorry to say that her chances are not too good since she was accused of crime involving moral turpitude.
        She will likely not be deported but she will be denied citizenship if convicted. Tell her to get a very good trial lawyer and try to throw the case away. If she's found not guilty she will have a chance of getting citizenship but depends on the adjucating officer.
        good luck

Comment

Don't worry SunDevil, there're some ppl here that will still support you.

As for the OP, best bet is to hope that the case will got dismissed or get a not-guilty verdict. The AOS officer then will need to substantiate the grounds why they choose to refuse the N400. If she's convincted, then she would better serve to try again after 5-7 years (don't remember the term needed to establishing that).

Comment

5 years to show good moral charachter.

Unlikey to get deported dor shoplifting.

Needs an attorney who understands bot the criminal and immigration aspects.

Comment

Thank you, Marmaduk.

Comment

Balafa: If your girlfriend is convicted of shoplifting, she really does face the possibility of deportation. This is especially true if the potential sentence, not the actual sentence imposed, for the crime exceeds one year in jail.

I realize that some people, as you can see from some posts on this thread, think that my advice and opinions are bad. However, that is largely because they are clueless apologists for illegal aliens and criminality in general. They don't want to hear anything other than what they think is acceptable (their version of acceptable is almost invariably judged to be unacceptable by the vast majority of the American people).

That means that their advice to you S U C K S.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation