Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with forms, please !!

Hi, I am in the process of filling out the forms for an AOS for an immediate relative. I would appreciate if anyone could help me with these questions I have.....thank you in advance.

1.) Are these the only forms I must fill out : I-485 (applictn to register perm status), I-130 (petition for alien relative), G-325A (biographic info for myself and relative), I-765 (applictn for employment auth.), I-693 (medical exam for AOS), I-134 (affidavit of support), I-131 (applicn for travel/advance parole) ?

2.) With each of these forms comes a fee. Must I write separate checks and attach to each form or can I write one big check?

3.) Will one set of 2 photos satisfy the requirements if more than 1 document requires photos, or must I attach a set with each specific document?

4.) Forms G-325A (biographic info) and form I-693 (medical exam for AOS) each have several duplicate copies....must each identical page be completed as a set, or will only one completed page be sufficient (i wonder if these must be filled out X4 or X5 to be sent to various places)

I thank you for your time and efforts to help me with this legal mumbo jumbo, it's complicated process of paperwork.

THANK U !!

Hi, I am in the process of filling out the forms for an AOS for an immediate relative. I would appreciate if anyone could help me with these questions I have.....thank you in advance.

1.) Are these the only forms I must fill out : I-485 (applictn to register perm status), I-130 (petition for alien relative), G-325A (biographic info for myself and relative), I-765 (applictn for employment auth.), I-693 (medical exam for AOS), I-134 (affidavit of support), I-131 (applicn for travel/advance parole) ?

2.) With each of these forms comes a fee. Must I write separate checks and attach to each form or can I write one big check?

3.) Will one set of 2 photos satisfy the requirements if more than 1 document requires photos, or must I attach a set with each specific document?

4.) Forms G-325A (biographic info) and form I-693 (medical exam for AOS) each have several duplicate copies....must each identical page be completed as a set, or will only one completed page be sufficient (i wonder if these must be filled out X4 or X5 to be sent to various places)

I thank you for your time and efforts to help me with this legal mumbo jumbo, it's complicated process of paperwork.

THANK U !!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by travelbliss:

THANK U !! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
      I am assuming you are a USC?
      Bringing a relative to the US Customer Guide
      Application Proceedures

The second link should help you know which forms and documents you need. Hope this helps.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Each check has to be separate:

I-485 it is $325 + separate check $70 for Biometrics

I-130 $190

I-765 $180

I know that I-134 form is no longer accepted, you should submit I-864. Depending who is the sponsor, if there are 2 sponsor's let say a sponsor and a household 2 sponsor you need 2 I-864 and I-864 A both forms are free.

I-131 $170 but I suggest that until the person receive the Green Card to stay in the USA so you should not fill out I-131

G-325 you need 4 copies for each person

I-693 is free. It will be a fee from the doctor where you will go to have this for filled out. Usually depending on the state around $200.

Send the package and that means I-485,I-130.I-864,I-864 A(if need it) G-325A,I-693 and the MONEY (checks, money orders) to the Chicago LockBox

Good Luck!!!!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ramalotti:
          Each check has to be separate:

I-485 it is $325 + separate check $70 for Biometrics

I-130 $190

I-765 $180

I know that I-134 form is no longer accepted, you should submit I-864. Depending who is the sponsor, if there are 2 sponsor's let say a sponsor and a household 2 sponsor you need 2 I-864 and I-864 A both forms are free.

I-131 $170 but I suggest that until the person receive the Green Card to stay in the USA so you should not fill out I-131

G-325 you need 4 copies for each person

I-693 is free. It will be a fee from the doctor where you will go to have this for filled out. Usually depending on the state around $200.

Send the package and that means I-485,I-130.I-864,I-864 A(if need it) G-325A,I-693 and the MONEY (checks, money orders) to the Chicago LockBox

Good Luck!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          Depending on who the applicant is the person wants to bring over, (work authorization) I751 and the I-131 (travel document/advance parole) may not be necessary.
          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Thank you for your replies.
            Yes, I am a US Citizen, the individual would be my spouse. The website of the USIC is somewhat confusing, and i appreciate your help.

Comment

Well in this case you will be the only sponsor I assume...please be carefull because INS is really strict about affadvits!!!!!!!!! In the event that you will be the only sponsor, and your income is 125% over the poverty line I think is around 18K for 2 people please check I-864P for exact figures, you will not need to submit the I-864A, you will only need I-864.
              Again my advice do not apply for the I-131 I know that your spouse may want to go back for couple of weeks for holidays in her/his native country but I would refrain to do so. As far as I know the processing times are pretty fast for the I-485 (Adjustment of Status) I would say that in 6mths to 1 yr you should be done. All this are valid if you already filled the I-129F in order for your spouse to obtain the K-3/K-4 visa.

Comment

Yes, I am the sole sponsor, and I do qualify financially. Could you please tell me the difference between the I-134 (affid. of support) vs. form I-864 (affid. of support also) ? The only reason I would appy for the I-131 (adv parole travel) would be for use in an emergency situation, e.g. family emergency, not for leisure purposes until it is all finalized. I just thought it was a good idea to do this up front, as I read on the website. Thanks.

Comment

The difference between I-134 and I-864 is that I-134 is no longer accepted by USCIS. I had the same issue and they returned the forms back stating that I-134 is "expired" something of that sort. As far as I-131(adv parole) your spose came on a K-3 Visa I assume?!? If so I think the visa is valid for 2 years or so which gives the holder opportunity of enterning and exiting USA as many times as they want in the specified time(validity of the visa)

Comment

Ohhh I forgot to mention the new I-864 forms you don't need to notarize them before a Public Notary. And if you look on the bottom of the I-864 you will see that they were issued sometime in May 2006.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by travelbliss:
                      Yes, I am the sole sponsor, and I do qualify financially. Could you please tell me the difference between the I-134 (affid. of support) vs. form I-864 (affid. of support also) ? The only reason I would appy for the I-131 (adv parole travel) would be for use in an emergency situation, e.g. family emergency, not for leisure purposes until it is all finalized. I just thought it was a good idea to do this up front, as I read on the website. Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                      If your wife is overseas right now, then you do not need to file the I-131 document. You file the I-130 with the I-485. When the I-130 and I-485 is approved, she will get her GC when she enters the US very shortly and will be allowed to work in the US. Thus, no need for the I-131 and I-765.

If your wife came in on a K1 where you got married in the US within the 90 day limit, then the I765 and possibly the I-131 may apply.

Comment

3.) Will one set of 2 photos satisfy the requirements if more than 1 document requires photos, or must I attach a set with each specific document? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                        You must attach a set with each document that requires the photos.
                        Could you please tell me the difference between the I-134 (affid. of support) vs. form I-864 (affid. of support also) ? . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                        I-134 is for non-immigrants (including fiancés).
                        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by travelbliss The only reason I would appy for the I-131 (adv parole travel) would be for use in an emergency situation, e.g. family emergency, not for leisure purposes until it is all finalized. I just thought it was a good idea to do this up front, as I read on the website. Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                        I think it is a good idea providing the beneficiary did not previously overstayed, and will not make long trips abroad (or is not K3 visa holder).
                        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
                        If your wife is overseas right now..... You file the I-130 with the I-485. When the I-130 and I-485 is approved, she will get her GC when she enters the US very shortly and will be allowed to work in the US. Thus, no need for the I-131 and I-765. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                        Not correct. If beneficiary is overseas, he/she is not applying for Adjustment of status and does not need I-485.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aneri:
                          Not correct. If beneficiary is overseas, he/she is not applying for Adjustment of status and does not need I-485. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                          If you look on P.2 of I-485, you will note the second bullet under who may file:
                          "You are filing this application with a completed relative petition, special immigrant juvenile petition, or special immigrant military petition which if approved would make an immigrant visa number immediately availableto you."

This gives the authority. I just forgot to add the I-864 with the petition to allow this procedure to happen. My wife has had three of her friends whose spouses have done this with my wife's friends receiving their GC within a couple of months after they arrived. The downside is that it takes longer for the petition to be approved.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:
                            If you look on P.2 of I-485, you will note the second bullet under who may file:
                            "You are filing this application with a completed relative petition, special immigrant juvenile petition, or special immigrant military petition which if approved would make an immigrant visa number immediately available to you."

This gives the authority. I just forgot to add the I-864 with the petition to allow this procedure to happen. My wife has had three of her friends whose spouses have done this with my wife's friends receiving their GC within a couple of months after they arrived. The downside is that it takes longer for the petition to be approved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure.. one can't file for AOS if immigrant visa number is not available. Here "immigrant visa number" has nothing to do with visas issued at the consulates but rather PD - priority dates. The first paragraph traslated means: you are filling I-485 with I-130 if you qualify as immediate relative (so the immigrant visa number is immediately available). If immigrant visa number is not available (spouses of PRs, son of USC), I-485 can't be filed with I-130.

Procedure for immigrant visa (issued abroad) does not require I-485.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aneri:
                              Sure.. one can't file for AOS if immigrant visa number is not available. Here "immigrant visa number" has nothing to do with visas issued at the consulates but rather PD - priority dates. The first paragraph traslated means: you are filling I-485 with I-130 if you qualify as immediate relative (so the immigrant visa number is immediately available). If immigrant visa number is not available (spouses of PRs, son of USC), I-485 can't be filed with I-130.

Procedure for immigrant visa (issued abroad) does not require I-485. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                              Aneri, the OP did state he is USC, not that he is PR. You gave a generalized statement that the information was not correct in its entirety. You are wrong in this particular situation. Deal with it.

BTW. I am well aware of when and how immigrant visa numbers are issued.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation