X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait time in ATL

hello,
    I was wondering if anyone has received an interview letter(for Adjustment of status) recently for the Altanta office?

I am a USC and my husband applied to adjust status in July 2003. We have been waiting 1 year and 3 months. USCIS website states they are looking at cases of March 27, 2002. But I know of someone who applied in Aug. 2002 and she received her interview letter this week. Looks like Atlanta is kicking some a s s!

hello,
    I was wondering if anyone has received an interview letter(for Adjustment of status) recently for the Altanta office?

I am a USC and my husband applied to adjust status in July 2003. We have been waiting 1 year and 3 months. USCIS website states they are looking at cases of March 27, 2002. But I know of someone who applied in Aug. 2002 and she received her interview letter this week. Looks like Atlanta is kicking some a s s!

Comment

Hey I filed in Atlanta in October 2002.....recently got my fingerprinting notice yesterday no appointment letter yet!

Comment

They are really moving then. You should be receiving your interview letter within the next couple of weeks. Keep me posted on everything goes for you. Good luck!

Comment

We waited 31 months for an interview. We applied in Feb. 2002, hubby had interview Sept 14th 2004.

Aviboo:
          Your interview letter SHOULD be following right behind your fingerprint appointment. Hubby received fingerprint letter on a Friday and interview letter came the next day. It's just a matter of I would say like 2 weeks or so.

Comment

Thanks for responding Reina, I have been reading all your posts for a long time because you are always on this site and you are from Atlanta.
            Did your husband get his passport stamped so that he can leave the country?

Also, what paperwork did you guys take to the interview and what did they actually check?

Thanks for all your input. And congratulations, I am glad it's finally over for you and your husband.

Comment

Thanks for the support Reina! I hope you enjoy your trip to Mexico take a shot of tequila for me!

Comment

Aviboo:
                You too will soon be celebrating soon. I am sure of it.

At the rate the Atl office is moving, I am thinking my husband is going to be getting his interview letter prior to May 2005. The only bad thing about this is that we will be married for 2 years on May 2, 2005. So if he gets his interview before this date, he will only get the temporary green card. To be honest, I really don't give a ****. We'll just apply for the permanent in 2007. As long as he can leave the country to see his family, that's more important so the sooner the better.

Comment

AJs Thank You!!!!
                  Yes, hubby got 10 year stamp in passport the day of the interview. We do not live in GA, we are in Alabama, but all the same we filed at the same office. We took everything you could imagine. As we had 8 and a half years to prove. All the interviewer asked for was taxes for the last three years and copies if childrens birth certficates and our ID's. She asked a few questions like had hubby ever been arrested and how long we were married, that was it, took all of about 15 minutes, 10 of those she was out of the office. Our interview was supposed to be at 2, she didn't see us until 4, so take a book and patience although it could be quicker just be prepared.

Aviboo,
                  I certainly will! You will be heading out soon too!!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation