Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babysitting kids for American family

My wife is babysitting kids for American family. She is covered by 245i bill in brother/sister of U.S.C. category. We have at least 8 more years to wait in that category. I wonder if she can be sponsored by the family as a nanny. The family is willing to help us. I heard this is a good category now. Does anybody knows what can we do, how long does it take etc.
    Thanks for reading my note

My wife is babysitting kids for American family. She is covered by 245i bill in brother/sister of U.S.C. category. We have at least 8 more years to wait in that category. I wonder if she can be sponsored by the family as a nanny. The family is willing to help us. I heard this is a good category now. Does anybody knows what can we do, how long does it take etc.
    Thanks for reading my note

Comment

Yes why not give a try, contact the Attorney, and best thing to do get an appointment with the Immigration Officer, and explain to him, he will show you the ways.

Comment

Thanks Dastur it was very helpfull

Comment

I don't know much about the labor market for nannies, but I seriously doubt that this is a feasible option in this circumstance. As I understand it, visas for nannies are usually issued on a temporary (non-immigrant) basis.

Furthermore, given that the family in question are not a business entity, it seems unlikely that they could sponsor for immigration purposes.

These are just my thoughts...maybe others will have more specific information.

Comment

Thanks for the answer SunDevilUSA.
            I'm afraid it's true. It isn't serious job for immigration sponsoring. I'm looking for some company that can sponsor me as a Land Surveyor -that's my profession from Poland, but I don't have any luck. People are afraid of dealing with Immigration Offices, they think it is too complicated.

Comment

Tyminus: I hear that Poland is a very nice country, and it is also a reliable ally of the United States. It is my hope to visit someday. I recently bought a coffee maker manufactured in Poland, rather than one from another country, to show my appreciation for Poland's friendship with America.

I'm sorry that you're having a difficult time regularizing your immigration status. You are correct in saying that many companies are wary of getting involved in the immigration system, as it is indeed complicated.

I understand your desire to live in America...it is the best country in the world, and I chose to immigrate also. However, given your situation, have you thought of other options that have become available to you recently?

For example, Poland recently joined the European Union, and you have the right...within limits...to work in other EU countries. This right to work is not yet, I believe, universal...although it will become so in another two years. However, Britain has a policy whereby it allows the citizens of the new EU members to work without restriction.

This is just an option for you to consider. Given your intelligence and education...and your ability to speak English...I do hope that you are able to remain in America.

Comment

Hi Tyminus !
                Read the immigration daily, previous issues from 19 of July.
                Your wife can apply for labor certificate thru perm Once she will get labor cerfificate she can apply for the green card .. Since she`s coverd by 245i section there is no limit of application she can file until she adjust her status. Waiting 8 years for her category is a waste of time. She can keep her priority date from previous I-130 applicaton.
                By the way I`m polish too. Let me know if you need more info ! ! !

Comment

SunDevilUSA
                  You are right. Poland is a nice country, that made a lot of changes last decade. We are in NATO and European Union, and since 2004 people can work freely in England and Ireland. But most young people leaving Poland, because there is not enough jobs available. We have 27 % unemployment, and most people make between 200 - 300$ a month ( prices are comparable in Poland and US). After 5 years of University they offer me 280$ monthly. This is not enough to rent apartment.
                  I consider the option to go to England or Ireland, but first I would like to do everything possible here in US, because like you said , it's the best country in the world.
                  Now I'm trying to put my wife into Nursing School, and try to by sponsored by a hospital - that's advise from my lawyer. The Nurses are in schedule A job category, and a lot of nurses coming from Poland to US
                  Any info about Nurse Sponsoring - I'll appreciate

Comment

Hi Monika88 !
                    Thanks for your responding. I just red the article about PERM system.
                    That is great. "Nannies and non-clinical care nurses are two occupations where the PERM regime may be kinder than the pre-PERM rule. The SVP for nannies has recently been revised so that nannies are no longer in the "other worker" category"
                    I'll apreciate if you can give me more info, how to get labor certificate, do I need a lawyer , ect
                    Thanks again Monika88, and waiting for more

Comment

Hi Tyminus !
                      perm process is not easy but you can do it on your own. Review whole process and decide if you need a lawyer or not.
                      log on to http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta....reign/perm.asp
                      you will find all necessary info on this webside .
                      Remember to read all FAQs.
                      Print and review ETA form 9089. Don`t forget to read instruction !
                      here is quick overview
                      1.employer must obtain prevailing wage determination from SWA
                      2.employer place job order with SWA ( state workforce agency)
                      3.employer place 2 sundays newspaper ads.
                      4.employer can complete and submit their LC application on line at www.plc.doleta.gov

You can have it done in approx. 3 to four months.
                      You must conduct all steps prior filing aplication.
                      Watch for job order timeframe !

Once labor certifiacte is approved. You and your wife can file for AOS. Since she is applying under section 245i you must submit also I-485 supplement A.
                      Which state are you in ?
                      Are you applying with your wife ???

Comment

Hi monika88!

Thanks for so helpful info. The site http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta....reign/perm.asp explains a lot.
                        Currently I'm looking for lawyer advice
                        I think I have 3 options:
                        1. Try to use the American Family as a sponsors in the nanny category
                        "Nannies and non-clinical care nurses are two occupations where the PERM regime may be kinder than the pre-PERM rule. The SVP for nannies has recently been revised so that nannies are no longer in the "other worker" category"

I'm not sure how to understand that "kinder" , how kinder, and how long does it take?
                        What the Family have to do to be an Employer at the form 9089?

2. Non-clinical care nurses - my wife can take 6 months private school of Medical Care Technician and try to be sponsored by a hospital

3. Registered Nurse (Schedule A job) - school takes 15 months, and cost 20 000$, but I can't find evening nursing school - this would be the best category

We live in Florida
                        I'm applying with my wife
                        Michal

Comment

I just talk with the lawyer
                          He told me that my wife needs one year experience - kind of referral letter, and he can start the process. We need to talk with the family, and with the lawyer about costs.
                          He told me, that it will take less then 1 year until she got work permit.
                          What do you think monika88?

Comment

Michal

"What the family have to do to be an employer at the form 9089 ?"
                            In order to sponsor, family must have a job openning and follow the perm process which I describe you in quick overview above. All steps must be taken in order to complete application and to show that there is no US worker available for this position.
                            As far as I know at least two years experience is required.
                            You can not use experience which she gain thru working with familly who wants to sponsor her because she worked without auth . In that case previous experience is a must.
                            I agree that it can take less than a year to receive work permit.
                            How did you wife come to US and when ?
                            What kind of childcare experience does she have?
                            Has she ever worked with children back in Poland? Teaching experience would be very helpful !!!

Comment

Monika88
                              We came to US in 2000, under tourist visa
                              My wife was babysitting kids while she was at University in Poland
                              She doesn't have any teaching experience
                              This is an answer from the other lawyer:
                              "IF NANNY IS A SKILLED WORKER CATEGORY (EB-3) THE VISA IS STILL UNAVAILABLE.
                              THEREFORE, A NEWLY FILED PERM APPLICATION WOULD CREATE A NEW PRIORITY DATE.
                              IF YOU HAVE A LABOR CERTIFICATION FILED ON OR BEFORE 04/30/2001 WHICH IS
                              PENDING, YOU MAY WANT TO PURSUE THAT. NURSES ARE ALSO "EB-3" WHICH ARE
                              UNAVAILABLE. HOWEVER, NURSES ARE GRANTED BLANKET LABOR CERTIFICATION SO
                              ONCE YOUR WIFE IS LICENSED AS AN "R-N" SHE CAN FILED THE FORM I-140 PETITION
                              (AND IF VISAS ARE AVAILABLE SEEK ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS)."
                              What does mean that THE VISA IS STILL UNAVAILABLE?
                              Michal

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed