Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed on H1 Transfer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Calgirl
    replied
    Hi,

    I have same question, could anyone give me some advice, if I transfer my H1B from Company A to company B,

    1. Will I be counted within this year's cap?
    2. Can I file the petition as a full time job in Company B,
    and continue to get extension of H1B in companypart-time job?
    3. My 3-Year H1B will expire on Dec 15,2004, should I file H1B extension under company A first
    or should I just file new petition to transfer to Company B directly now in end of July?
    4. Should the new job in company B related to company A or can be different as long as my education and my
    working experience are related to the new job?
    5. If I continue to file my H1B in the company A, does INS check any info about the company background again?
    how detail?

    Your advice is appreciated.

    Leave a comment:


  • AlecT
    replied
    That is correct - as soon as the transfer applicaton is lodged and you get a EAC # you can work for the new company and travel (with the NOA and your visa in your passport). This occurred to me and I hit no snags.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mic
    replied
    Hi,

    I am having my H1 (without being stamped) and currently planning for H1 transfer, from Company A ==> NEW COMPANY B.

    The NEW Company B told me - Once we get the Ref# (EAC/LIN/WAC), you can start working for our company.

    1. Is that true?

    2. Do we REALLY need to wait until H1 approval notice is received?

    3. Are there any risks/problems for this approach?

    This is very urgent for me to take a decision.

    Thanks in advance.
    Micheal

    Leave a comment:


  • Mic
    started a topic Help needed on H1 Transfer

    Help needed on H1 Transfer

    Hi,

    I am having my H1 (without being stamped) and currently planning for H1 transfer, from Company A ==> NEW COMPANY B.

    The NEW Company B told me - Once we get the Ref# (EAC/LIN/WAC), you can start working for our company.

    1. Is that true?

    2. Do we REALLY need to wait until H1 approval notice is received?

    3. Are there any risks/problems for this approach?

    This is very urgent for me to take a decision.

    Thanks in advance.
    Micheal
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney

CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

EB-5

移民日报

About ILW.COM

Connect to us

Questions/Comments

SUBSCRIBE

Immigration Daily



Working...
X