Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uhm...,

I still contend that social security is welfare on the substance, but I give you credit for spelling out the technical difference.

ProudUSC, sorry but when you are old, you will be called welfare recipient. SS is not an investment because the reality is, an investment should be based on your own judgement as an adult. Yes, people wont call you welfare recipient technically, but the reality is you will be living on the back of younger generations and it will probably cost them more than you paid if you live past 70 (in hospital bills, administrative fees, not counting the actual living expenses).

Davdah, I received the SS statement and pretty much I dont pay attention to it because my intent has never been to rely on someone else to care for me now or when I am old. I work to secure my retirement and hell will freeze before I give up on that goal.

Anyway, this was a diversion, if you read the report on the survey, the article stated: " Yet there were significant increases in those who cite making it easier .... to qualify for government programs like Medicaid and food stamps ....". I was pointing out the deception in that sentence. Because qualifying for government programs is not the same as being on welfare. But the author, by specifically picking the degrading programs, is casting immigrants as needy, which is far from the truth. Next time you read an article, put your BS detector glasses on and you will see how many there are out there. Do not empower these people by spreading their talking points.

Anyway, Good weekend !

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ProudUSC, sorry but when you are old, you will be called welfare recipient. SS is not an investment because the reality is, an investment should be based on your own judgement as an adult. Yes, people wont call you welfare recipient technically, but the reality is you will be living on the back of younger generations and it will probably cost them more than you paid if you live past 70 (in hospital bills, administrative fees, not counting the actual living expenses). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry, Kumna, but the money put into Social Security comes from wages of the tax payers. Regardless of what generation is paying for who, it is not even close to welfare. Do you think welfare recipients pay into Social Security? I think not. They are two separate entities. Social Security is administered by the federal government. Welfare is state-run.

But, we can agree to disagree. Nice weekend to you, too.

Comment

Have to agree that Social Security is welfare. If they were private accounts like in Chile or Singapore, one could say they were not welare, but here it is a ponzi scheme and welfare.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation