Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 question ?

My conditional GC extension expires May 22nd I will be going to the local office in April to get a stamp on the passport.

Question : What documents should I take with me besides the passport and extension letter ?

Any photos ? Dont need to take spouse with me right ?

My conditional GC extension expires May 22nd I will be going to the local office in April to get a stamp on the passport.

Question : What documents should I take with me besides the passport and extension letter ?

Any photos ? Dont need to take spouse with me right ?

Comment

U can take expired GC, NOA and passport.... U don't need pics or spouse for extension stamp in passport.... pics u need once u get approval and spouse u need if they call u for interview...good luck

Comment

Pasha is correct...

All you need is your passport, and your NOA (extension letter) and your expired GC. That is it... Your spouse does not need to go with you.

BTW - I did not offer them my expired GC when I went in. I simply gave them my old (expired) passport with the original I-551 stamp, my NOA, and my new (valid) passport. I kept my expired GC in my pocket - I don't want to give it up yet... They never asked for it nor was there any issues at all... They simply stamped my new passport withg a 1yr I-551.

ARQU

Comment

One more thing...

If you go in too early they will turn you away. You want to wait until your extension is very close to expiring. In your case I would be planning for mid-May. I let mine elapse for a few weeks before I went in. I would not advise that but I have heard several others who have been turned away because they went too early...

ARQU

Comment

hi ARQU,

do u know what kind of affidavit alien can get from USC spouse and how will it be helpful? this question is just out of my curiosity ...

Comment

Pasha and ARQU

Thanks to you both.

Comment

AK500 - Good Luck

Pasha - No idea as I did not (and can not) submit any...

ARQU

Comment

You are supposed to go in within 14 days of the card expiring. You don't have to give up the expired GC they will take it from you at your interview if your are approved.

Comment

ardainia,

thanks for that info.

Comment

Pasha patel!

After I read the answers you and other members posted about AK500 questions, I was wondering whether or not I will have to take my GC to BCIS in case I don't get my condition removed by the time my conditional GC expires.
                      I ask that because I haven't got a stamp on my passport on the interview day(I didn't turn in the required Medical exams on the interview day, I did turn them in the following day).
                      I'm still waiting for my conditional GC through mail, and considering the usual delay of LA local office, it's likely that future BCIS immigration procedures will be delayed as well.
                      Any feed back will be appreciated.

Comment

What papers do you have to prove status?

The process is that you file an I-751 within 90 days (but not after) your GC expires. Then you get an extension letter (NOA) for 1yr while your I-751 is processed. If that NOA expires, then you take your expired conditional GC, your NOA, and your passport down to the District Office when your NOA expires to get another extension...

Hope that helps...

ARQU

Comment

Hi Mrs. Lonely Heart ....

As per ARQU's personal experience they didn't ask GC from him when they put extension stamp ...but I would suggest you to take it with you as a matter of precaution. It doesn't hurt to take credit card size card with yourself when u r making trip in person to local BCIS office... I hope it helps ....good luck...Pasha

Comment

ARQU / and others

My NOA is dated feb 14 2003. But the NOA says this "You Permanent residency card has been extended one year".

On the card the expiry date is may 12 2003.

Now tell me when does my card expire ?
                            When does my NOA expire ?

Comment

Based on my understanding, your status was valid until Feb 2004 (last month) but I could be wrong as I mentioned before. I don't think you have an issue as an argument can be made that you are valid until May 2004. Either way, I would plan on a trip to your district office in the next few weeks.

BTW - If anyone out there has talked to someone at INS about this, please share what they told you. I am not 100% sure about which date is the correct one and don't want to give out bad advice...

For what its worth...

ARQU

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs