X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal and Lawsuit

Howdie folks

I was reading in an article (sorry, it was somewhere on line) that an illegal is still covered by the same basic rights that apply to legal immigrants and citizens. The case was regarding an illegal who started a lawsuit against his "employer".

Didn't the Patriot act strip most of the rights from an illegal? Or does that only apply in case of a committed crime?

Is that covered by civil rights?

Howdie folks

I was reading in an article (sorry, it was somewhere on line) that an illegal is still covered by the same basic rights that apply to legal immigrants and citizens. The case was regarding an illegal who started a lawsuit against his "employer".

Didn't the Patriot act strip most of the rights from an illegal? Or does that only apply in case of a committed crime?

Is that covered by civil rights?

Comment

Not ALL the same basic rights. Some. There is no right to work, but IF an illegal alien does work, he/she must be paid or can sue. Courts have held, though, that if they sue they don't get paid for work they didn't do, say damages.

Comment

Courts have held, though, that if they sue they don't get paid for work they didn't do, say damages.
        Interesting fact... an Illegal can sue. I didn't catch the phrase above, could you explain that a bit closer? Are you referring to workmen's comp?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation