Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEPORTATION

I AM AN INTERNATIONAL REGISTERED NURSE. I WAS RECRUITED BY A LOCAL COMPANY. THEY NEVER INFORMED ME THAT I WAS ACTUALLY RECRUITED AS A TRAVEL NURSE. ACCORDING MY UNDERSTANDING I WAS RECRUITED INTO A PERMANENT POSITION AT ONE HOSPITAL FOR THE DURATION OF MY CONTRACT. I WANTED MY CONTRACT TERMINATED. THEY REFUSED INITIALLY,BUT EVENTUALLY AGREED. NOW THEY THREATENING WITH DEPORTATION. WILL I HAVE A CHANCE TO STATE MY CASE TO THE IMMIGRATION AUTHORITIES ON WHY THIS COMPANY WANTS TO DEPORT ME? I HAVE 2 CHILDREN. THEIR FATHER IS AN US CITIZEN

I AM AN INTERNATIONAL REGISTERED NURSE. I WAS RECRUITED BY A LOCAL COMPANY. THEY NEVER INFORMED ME THAT I WAS ACTUALLY RECRUITED AS A TRAVEL NURSE. ACCORDING MY UNDERSTANDING I WAS RECRUITED INTO A PERMANENT POSITION AT ONE HOSPITAL FOR THE DURATION OF MY CONTRACT. I WANTED MY CONTRACT TERMINATED. THEY REFUSED INITIALLY,BUT EVENTUALLY AGREED. NOW THEY THREATENING WITH DEPORTATION. WILL I HAVE A CHANCE TO STATE MY CASE TO THE IMMIGRATION AUTHORITIES ON WHY THIS COMPANY WANTS TO DEPORT ME? I HAVE 2 CHILDREN. THEIR FATHER IS AN US CITIZEN

Comment

Questions;
      1) Were you granted an H-1C status sponsored by an Hospital or health care facility(2) Is your employment contract already terminated ?
      3) Are you married to the father(usc) of your children?

Comment

My contract has been terminated after 3months with the company (supposed to be 24months)
        I have a stamp in my passport I-551 it is valid till next year. The company submitted their adress for my greencard petition (I have a feeling they already received it on my behalf and now just hold on to it) why I don't know -this is why they cry "deportation"
        No I am not married to this guy.

Comment

what your stamp is for, applied or approved?
          IF its approved then you need not be worried. give it six months time for actual plastic ,if didnot comes in mail then you need a trip to local INS office.
          IF I551 is applied for then its different ball game.
          Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Thanx Mohan.
            My stamp has been approved.
            Another question: Is there anyone out there who can protect international (SA)nurses against companies like the one that recruited me?
            They present their orientation program in a total different way and when you get here you actually find what it's all about

Comment

It seems here that the company was your employer and sponsored your green card. The company as the sponsor or petitioner of your green card can file a notice of withdrawal to USCIS alleging that you did not have the "real intent" to work for the company because you terminated your contract (circumstantial evidence), in your case only 3 months of employment. upon written notice of withdrawal filed by the petitioner the approval previously granted can be revoked. However, the evidence for fraud its very difficult to establish because the test of "real intent" is very subjective. I'll advise you seek another nursing position (if you haven't already done so) as this can serve as a rebuttal to the fact that your status was obtained by misrepresentation.

With regards to the deceptive trade practices of some unscrupulous recruiters you can file a complaint with your local attorney general's office.

Comment

I saw a program about those companies a while back. It was 60 minutes or 20/20 or something like that. I guess you're not the only one it's happened too.
                Have a nice day

Comment

Thanx Ceasar
                  This is exactly what they told me they would do. I never had any hidden agendas when I signed up with them. If it was all about getting into the country, I could have easily gotten married to my children's father in order to get a greencard.
                  I have applied to several hospitals to get into a permanent position, which I thought was the case with the company that sponsored me initially.
                  I have been online and found articles where this company informed the public how well they treat international nurses and how happy we (the international nurses)are. The picture he paints to the public is totally different from what's actually going on. That's why I wanted to know that if it gets to the point of deportation,will I be allowed to present my case?
                  Regarding the local attorney general's office-do you happen to know one in Chicago and are there any fees involved?
                  Thank you once again

Comment

Thanx Glubirne
                    Do you have anymore info on how the discussion went?

Comment

Before it gets to the point of removal you will get a notice from USCIS at which point it is advisable to retain an attorney. I seriously doubt if the company will follow through on its threat. Meanwhile document all your efforts in seeking another nursing position. Keep copies of your job applications, and use the return receipt to mail in your applications. If you cannot obtain information from USCIS about your green card and you really sense something is wrong with your case you can have an attorney file a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act Request) with USCIS to obtain your records or you may just want to wait it out.

The Illinois Attorney General's website is Http://www.ag.state.il.us and the Chicago office # is 312 814 3000. No fees are involved.

Comment

Thanx Ceasar
                        You have been of great help. I have already received somekind of "welcoming letter" from Immigration, stating that I will receive my GC in 3weeks.
                        I have contacted Ill. attorneys' office and awaiting their reply.

Thanx once again

Comment

Hello Girlfriend, We're almost on the same boat here, I got here in the U.S. On a b1/b2 visitors visa, while I was on vacation my relatives here in the U.S. encouraged me to take the NCLEX-RN and fortunately passed it, found and employer to sponsor me and I never went back to my home country. I've been working with the same employer for almost 2 years now and would really wanna leave 'coz of conflicts with the rest of the staff. I have been waiting for my I-485(AOS) up to this time, if I leave them they will revoke the petition for me. I got married last year to a USC, we bought properties together and I just gave birth to a wonderful baby boy. My husband will be filing a sponsorship for me under him (I-130). I'm just getting tired of waiting for the AOS with my employer. By the way, would you have any idea if I still need the visa screen certificate from ICHP?Somebody told me that since I married a USC I don't need it anymore. The one whose processing my stuff with CIS let my TOEFL/TWE expire ( I suspect they're holding it to let me stay with them longer).Anybody knows anything about this,advice please. We're already in the process of filing my husband's petition, I will have my medical done tomorrow, is anybody here know, if my present employer withdraws their petition for me, can I still use the EAD(valid 'til March 2005) to work for another employer? Thanks board!God bless everybody.

Comment

You don't say what your agreement with your sponsor was. Is there any time frame involved, like the duration of your contract?

Comment

My contract is 3 years from the time that my I-140 was approved (which was June 15,2002). I just can't stand waiting for it, some of my co-workers are just really mean and bad! To stressful for me.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation