Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you care to answer this question....?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you care to answer this question....?

Hello everybody,

I am a student in Ohio. Our university's sociology department is trying to gather information on why todays' immigrants have chosen to relocate to America. Any opinions or experiences you care to share would be appreciated. The questions are general...why did you decide to move? When did you move? What do you like most about this country? What do you like least? Have you decided whether or not you are going to stay? What did you like most about your the country you moved from? What did you like the least? You can just answer whatever question you want, you don't have to answer all of them if you choose to participate. Your experiences are invaluable to our nation and it's history of ongoing immigration. I hope you can take a moment to reply.

Thank you!
    Jennifer

Hello everybody,

I am a student in Ohio. Our university's sociology department is trying to gather information on why todays' immigrants have chosen to relocate to America. Any opinions or experiences you care to share would be appreciated. The questions are general...why did you decide to move? When did you move? What do you like most about this country? What do you like least? Have you decided whether or not you are going to stay? What did you like most about your the country you moved from? What did you like the least? You can just answer whatever question you want, you don't have to answer all of them if you choose to participate. Your experiences are invaluable to our nation and it's history of ongoing immigration. I hope you can take a moment to reply.

Thank you!
    Jennifer

Comment

buzz off. You aren't going to get scott-free answers.

Comment

Reasons could be as many as the number of individuals that immigrated to US recently.
        Generalizations never give a good perspective on reality.
        And relying on few posts on internet forum for serious research in sociology would be unscientific , to say the least.

Regards,
        IE

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to post. Of course this is not a scientific research, it's just a question. Our school has build a beautiful display walk way, which is about a half a city block long, on the on "hodgepode" collection of cultural diversity. It has incredible art work, inlcuding 8foot tall transparent photos people who allowed themselves to be photographed which is interlayed upon each other. It's hard to describe the work, but it is beautiful. Interwoven between the art work is plaques with quotes and brief stories from a variety of different cultural and ethnic groups. It is a small thing that only a few thousand people will see, but if, for example, 100 of those people mention something about a story they read or a fact they learned to 3 people throughout their live, then the information has been passed on to 300...to 900, to 2,700...etc. Although unscientific, I believe that information can be spread to a larger group of people this way, then say to read a study. How many people think to themselves, "I think I'll go to the library today and pick up a research study on immigration and ethnic diversity?" Not many. The sharing of stories has always been the predominate way of passing on history.

I'm sorry that you flamed me, because you ruined a wonderful oppurtunity for the people on your board to learn about eachother.

I won't be checking back because I'm not interested in getting my feelings hurt again.

Buzzing off,
          Jennifer

Comment

You broke my heart, Jennifer4, you broke my heart !

Please, please come back and check on this board again - I am sure there will be many honest, straight to the point responces to assist you in your reasearch.

Also, please forgive me!

Incredibly sorry,

IE

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources