Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URRGENT CALL!

Dear friends, i have got the DV lottery for me and for my family, and we are now planning to go to USA but as my two kids are very small and my wife health situation for the time being is not good we want just to have to secured our green cards and want to go back to our country and want to come back to USA after some 2 or 3 years but i don't know how i can be reenter to USA if i stayed for so long out side of USA, pls. help me, on what i can do..,THANKS!

Dear friends, i have got the DV lottery for me and for my family, and we are now planning to go to USA but as my two kids are very small and my wife health situation for the time being is not good we want just to have to secured our green cards and want to go back to our country and want to come back to USA after some 2 or 3 years but i don't know how i can be reenter to USA if i stayed for so long out side of USA, pls. help me, on what i can do..,THANKS!

Comment

America is not a motel where you just walk in and out like that! You will lose your green card if you stay outside the US for over 1 year.

Why dont you bring your wife here for treatment? Or is she being treated by a voodoo doctor?

Comment

thank you for your reply, but what i want to say is that, she had give birth for bith 2 kids through operation and she couldn't ablt to work hard job at this time, that is why i want her to have more time to recover from what she has tolled by doctor, if there is a law to handle with my request pls. let me know.
        THANKS!

Comment

In this case, what you can do is either:

1.Bring her here,sick as she is. We have hospitals here as well, though it may be a little hard to get treatment at the start because you are not yet established in the US.

If I were you, I would come here and if affiliated with any churches, write to some local church and get help getting settled here for the first few months/years. I know someone who did this and they are doing great here.

2.Come here first, then go back for your wife and kids later. Just watch out that they dont lose their greencards because its very easy to lose a green card whenever you stay out of the US for a long time.

But if you try to wait in your country with them, you are all likely to lose the greencard because USCIS does not care why you did not arrive into the US when they give you a greencard which has a date by which you need to come to the US.

All the best and watch out!

Comment

Once you receive your immigrant visas, you have a period of six months to enter the United States. Each person who is the recipient of an immigrant visa needs to enter the country within this time frame.

When you are admitted to the United States, you will immediately be permanent residents, and your passports will be stamped as such. As permanent residents, you are able to travel.

However, as permanent residents, you are expected to actually be resident. Basically, you are able to remain outside of America for up to six months without any problem. After six months of absence, but less than one year, you will need to apply for readmission to the United States. At this point, you will need to justify why you were absent for so long. After an absence of one year, without a reentry permit from USCIS, you will automatically lose your green card.

Furthermore, regardless of the length of time spend abroad, if USCIS believes that you are living overseas, you will lose your greencard. In other words, you can't return to your country of origin to live. You can visit your country of origin, but you can't live there.

Quite honestly, given that you have the opportunity to live in America, I can't believe that this explanation is actually necessary.

Comment

You can file I-131 before you leave the USA and this will allow you to saty out of US for two years. You can retun with no problem.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation