X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SonofMichael
    replied
    Never let your wife take 1) Your house 2) Your children 3) Your dog; in reverse order. Your dog is the number one priority; he is loyal and kind. Your kids are the key to avoiding paying excessive child support. Your house is a key financial asset.

Leave a comment:

• SonofMichael
    replied
    Never put your wifes name on your house, expecially an immigrant. That would be dumb and unnecessary.

Leave a comment:

• federale86
    replied
    Added in 2008? Not a good sign.

Leave a comment:

• SonofMichael
    replied
    ANYTHING can be evidence. The one poster above made a good remark; they want to see the most recent evidence; after the initial interview up to today. Something as simple as a library card or a video store rental card that shows your address on it is evidence. Junk mail is evidence showing that you share the same address. The latest utility bills are good if both names are on it (hint add it now). Kids would help but not essential. Photos in the house together is good. Do you have a dog/cat/fish that you bought together; show the receipt. Credit cards together. Vacation pictures together. Insurance cards together. Insurance policies naming each other as beneficiaries. Do not just send it what you did already, they are asking for more. Send all you got plus more; and most recent.

Leave a comment:

• cryper
    replied
    for mr son of michael
    sir, my name did not come of the utility bills we just added it pretty late in about 2008. we do have only 2 bank a/c's. would not having any kids be a factor???
    thanks for everyones help.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aroha:
    OK, it certainly sounds to me like you've sent sufficient evidence, cryper. I'd suggest you try out visajourney.com or immigrate2us.net. You're likely to get more assistance over there from people that have gone through the experience.

I have been through it myself, but we'd been married for over 9 years (and were doing CP rather than AOS) and didn't really require any evidence other than our marriage certificate - I took a pile to the interview but they just waved it away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is very good advice. You will get more help on the other forums that this one.

Leave a comment:

• 4now
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cryper:
    Tax returns for 2007 and 2008
    utilities like at&t, water
    2 bank a/c statements
    wifes passport with Indian visa
    copies of tickets to India (I am from India)
    copy of the reception invitation we had in India
    i dont have good credit and we bought the house on her name before we got married so i dont have my name on it.
    car insurance
    and 3 affidavits </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Cryper

It sounds like you have sent good evidence. Resend the same evidence to them when you filed your joint 751, perhaps some of it got misplaced.

Just remember that uscis is looking for current evidence since your first interview . Pictures, correspondence from prior to your marriage is not relevant at all, as this was established during your initial interview and they have those copies on file. Current evidence and current pictures of an ongoing relationship is what matters.

It is ok to travel , just make sure that someone reliable is watching your mail for any correspondence from uscis about possible interview etc.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• SonofMichael
    replied
    I would hold off on leaving the country until the matter is resolved.

It looks like you should have had enough for a free pass.

Why only 2 bank account statements? Send in some more.

Why did your name come off the utility bills? You could have kept your name on them. This could be a red flag.

How about joint car registration?

At least send them some more bank account statements.

Leave a comment:

• SonofMichael
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
    Do not provide anymore evidence. Wait for decision based on evidence in record. If denied challenge the officer to appear in court before the judge and justify the decision.
    That's a slam dunk. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Worst advice ever. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• cryper
    replied
    hmmm
    it sounds good, but would it be practical?
    isnt that too risky??

Leave a comment:

• OldE
    replied
    Do not provide anymore evidence. Wait for decision based on evidence in record. If denied challenge the officer to appear in court before the judge and justify the decision.
    That's a slam dunk.

Leave a comment:

• Aroha
    replied
    OK, it certainly sounds to me like you've sent sufficient evidence, cryper. I'd suggest you try out visajourney.com or immigrate2us.net. You're likely to get more assistance over there from people that have gone through the experience.

I have been through it myself, but we'd been married for over 9 years (and were doing CP rather than AOS) and didn't really require any evidence other than our marriage certificate - I took a pile to the interview but they just waved it away.

Leave a comment:

• cryper
    replied
    we did send about 15 -17 pics briefly describing our whole time together.
    thats exactly what is so confounding as I really dont know what else to send?
    I am in school right now and thats why we dont have any kids or anything like that. but could I be rejected on not enough evidence or would they atleast interview us.

Leave a comment:

• Aroha
    replied
    You didn't mention photographs of the two of you together and I would imagine that the lack of them is the reason for the RFE.

Leave a comment:

• cryper
    replied
    Thanks for your help Proud USC

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board