Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• citizenship interview

Can the son appear with his disable parent for his citizenship interview? To act as his translator and help him with his mobility? Do I have to fill out form G-28 notice entry of appearance as attorneys or representative?

Can the son appear with his disable parent for his citizenship interview? To act as his translator and help him with his mobility? Do I have to fill out form G-28 notice entry of appearance as attorneys or representative?

Comment

To help with your mobility, yes. A translator going with a USCIS interviewee is normally allowed. But especially "not" for a naturalization interview. Because you have to demonstrate your basic knowledge of the English language. This is one of the few milestones in order for an immigrant to become a new US citizen.

Comment

we are also filing Form N-648 with N-400, Medical Certification for disability exceptions to waive the Civic and English test.

Comment

Oh, you didn't say beforehand. I couldn't have guessed. Form N-648 approval is highly discretionary, but not impossible. They will look at its merits based on your actual ocular condition against your medical certification. Good luck to you then.

Comment

Sorry, Rough Neighbor - it's a no-no. A son may accompany his parent to the interview as a WITNESS ONLY. At least in my local USCIS office they don't allow relatives of an applicant to act as interpreters. It may be different at your local office, Gussan, but to be on the safe side - hire a professional interpreter. If you have trouble finding one, call local state court. They usually have a list of qualified interpreters and will give you his or her telephone number.

Good luck.

Comment

Does the USCIS send the applicant letter of N-648 approval/denial or they tell the applicant at the time of the interview?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Verbalist:
                Sorry, Rough Neighbor - it's a no-no. A son may accompany his parent to the interview as a WITNESS ONLY. ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, Verbalist, but what did I say that deserved your double no's? Just curious though.

Comment

Sorry, Rough Neighbor, it wasn't a double "no" just a "no-no" as in a playful expression meaning - don't do that. In this case - using a relative of petitioner as interpreter not allowed. But I remarked it may be different in other jurisdictions.

Comment

Haha, semantics. Of course I know its meaning. Forget it. Happy now? Yeah, I love making other people happy.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation