X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing EAD at an office different than the one that has my AOS

Hi everybody,

I posted my situation a couple months ago and I received many different answers. Now some things have actually happened and I need some advice. Here is a refresh.

Jan 03: came to USA with fiance visa (k-1)
    Apr 03: marry my sweetheart (k-1 petitioner of course)
    July 03: filed AOS and EAD at NYC district office.
    November 03: received EAD
    May 04: Got letter scheduling AOS interview at NYC for July 04
    June 04: Hubby and I move to another state. We filed all change of address forms. We asked NY office to transfer my case to my new district office (Virginia). We havent received any letter from NY about our request (we did recieved a NOA from Vermont Service Center updating my hubby's address (as my sponsor).

I am currently outside the US (with and advance parole of course). As soon as I return to USA I will need to renew my EAD. My question is: Where do I file the renewal? My current district office doesnt have my AOS (I guess its still in NY as I havent received any NOA saying otherwise).

I can not call INS customer service as I am abroad and their 1-800 number doesnt accept calls from other countries. Hubby can not call either because he is in a federal base on training now (his classes start before customer service does).

PS: We didnt go to our interview because we had moved and the scheduled day hubby was at the fed base and I was abroad. We call INS customer the next day I received the NOA (two months before the interview) and they said I had to re-schedule 21 days before the date of the interview. We call again and sent letters to my district office and the Missouri Service Center (where my case had been forwarded) attaching proof regarding my trip and my hubby`s training. I never got an aswered. On the phone INS said they were going to forward my request and the district office would have to approve a re-schedule. After 2 months, I havent received anything at all. Anyone had any similar situation?

Hi everybody,

I posted my situation a couple months ago and I received many different answers. Now some things have actually happened and I need some advice. Here is a refresh.

Jan 03: came to USA with fiance visa (k-1)
    Apr 03: marry my sweetheart (k-1 petitioner of course)
    July 03: filed AOS and EAD at NYC district office.
    November 03: received EAD
    May 04: Got letter scheduling AOS interview at NYC for July 04
    June 04: Hubby and I move to another state. We filed all change of address forms. We asked NY office to transfer my case to my new district office (Virginia). We havent received any letter from NY about our request (we did recieved a NOA from Vermont Service Center updating my hubby's address (as my sponsor).

I am currently outside the US (with and advance parole of course). As soon as I return to USA I will need to renew my EAD. My question is: Where do I file the renewal? My current district office doesnt have my AOS (I guess its still in NY as I havent received any NOA saying otherwise).

I can not call INS customer service as I am abroad and their 1-800 number doesnt accept calls from other countries. Hubby can not call either because he is in a federal base on training now (his classes start before customer service does).

PS: We didnt go to our interview because we had moved and the scheduled day hubby was at the fed base and I was abroad. We call INS customer the next day I received the NOA (two months before the interview) and they said I had to re-schedule 21 days before the date of the interview. We call again and sent letters to my district office and the Missouri Service Center (where my case had been forwarded) attaching proof regarding my trip and my hubby`s training. I never got an aswered. On the phone INS said they were going to forward my request and the district office would have to approve a re-schedule. After 2 months, I havent received anything at all. Anyone had any similar situation?

Comment

Anyone please?

Comment

File in the office with jurisdiction over your new home. You may have to do it online. See the updates on e-file. Contact your Congressman if they don't move your case to the new office. That's one of the things they are there for.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation