X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must a H1-B visa holder's spouse have a H4 visa

Hi, Good morning everybody!
    Both my wife and I have Canadian passports and work in USA with TN visas. This year my company intends to apply H1-B for me. I figured that my wife should keep her TN visa instead H4 if she stil wants to keep her job. The problem is how I can deal with her visa and status if my company apply green card for me and my family in the future?
    Thanks

Leeson

Hi, Good morning everybody!
    Both my wife and I have Canadian passports and work in USA with TN visas. This year my company intends to apply H1-B for me. I figured that my wife should keep her TN visa instead H4 if she stil wants to keep her job. The problem is how I can deal with her visa and status if my company apply green card for me and my family in the future?
    Thanks

Leeson

Comment

What does your lawyer say? Maybe s/he doubts the possibility of your wife adjusting her status from TN to permanent residency as your dependent, ha? TN status may not be widely believed to be a dual-intent nonimmigrant visa type because the rule is silent on that fact, but it's happening successfully left and right nowadays. At least I'm talking about the actual experiences of immigration practitioners that I know.

Comment

its depends upon your wife , she still can keep her TN status and continue to work. if she canges the visa status to H4 then she will not be able to work. Both are Non immigrat visas. and she need not to change her status, if husband changes his status , according to immigration law.
        Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed