Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help fast.....

ok here is my story. i got married in 2002 and we been separated over a year now. the divorce will take an other year because i filed in germany. i have to file an i 751 and from what i have been reading, i cannot file til am divorced. so what do i do. i am in the states and cannot file, do i and my usc kids have to go back to germany til i am divorced and can file?

ok here is my story. i got married in 2002 and we been separated over a year now. the divorce will take an other year because i filed in germany. i have to file an i 751 and from what i have been reading, i cannot file til am divorced. so what do i do. i am in the states and cannot file, do i and my usc kids have to go back to germany til i am divorced and can file?

Comment

You can file I-751 here while divorce in Germany is pending, provided the deadline hasn't passed (2 year anniversary of receiving your cond'l gc). And you will succeed as long as you can prove you did not enter the marriage to defraud the U.S. gov't.
      Anita Shia, Esq. has been practicing immigration law for nearly 10 years and is an active member of AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association). Based in New York and New Jersey, she nevertheless represents clients from all over the U.S. and abr

Comment

If the divorce is not final that doesn't mean you can not file I-751. That should be filed on time no matter what. What you can do in this case is, write an explaination letter to Immigration with I-751 that the divorce is filed. You can attach whatever documents you received from court to prove that the divorce is filed. Just make sure that you do not miss the date of filing the I-751 that is 2 years of your conditional greencard. That's what I did.

Hope this helps.

Chris.
        *I am not an attorney or legal advisor. The information is based on my own application experince.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by uslawyer:
          You can file I-751 here while divorce in Germany is pending, provided the deadline hasn't passed (2 year anniversary of receiving your cond'l gc). And you will succeed as long as you can prove you did not enter the marriage to defraud the U.S. gov't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          thank u guys. well i missed the date to file, but because my husband is military and we got stationed overseas 10 month after we entered. they told me i had to include his orders to proof i left because of the military. also they said that when i want to go back to the states i would need a letter of transportation. thats what i did. immigration at the airport got me an appointment with homeland security. i have to go back tomorrow to show them the receipt that i filed for that form. well i haved yet cause i wasnt able to get the orders yet, so i will ask for more time. i guess my question now would be... what is the basis for my pedition. which one would i have to check. THANK U SO MUCH FOR GIVING ME QUICK RESONDS

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation