No announcement yet.

A question about i751 and the naturalization.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A question about i751 and the naturalization.

    Hi all,

    I came to this country as a student. I knew an USC lady since 3 years before I came here. I knew her over the internet. While I was in the F1 status I got married with her. I lived with her for about a year. I got my conditional PR. We were having a financial problem not finding a good job in the town where we were living together, then I asked my wife to move some where else where there are some job opportunities, but she didn't want to move. Then she asked me to move by myself and make some money to help her to run the house. Then I did. Since then I'm staying away from home. But I visit home in big holidays and wedding anniversaries. I'm still asking her to move with me but she doesn't want to because her family live there. We have a house in lease under both names. Some utility bills too.

    My wife doesn't work. I'm the person working hard and supporting to run the house. My wife chats on the internet most of the time, and I guess she has some boy friends over the internet too. She is just spending my money and even doesn't answer my phone calls most of the time. I think she doesn't respect me at all. She closed the bank account which was opened before our marriage under her and my name. Now again we have opened a new account.
    We filed i751 and the USCIS is asking for more evidence like 3 years tax return with complete sign on it and the bank statements since we got married. And some insurance policies showing each other beneficiary (we used to have one life insurance policy but it was closed because of the misunderstanding of the policy agent).
    The tax return 2004 has not my signature on it because my wife didn't ask me to sign on it. But it was filed jointly. Otherwise the other two years have both signatures on it.
    We have the bank statement which was closed by my wife. We have lots of photographs together and some of them have her relatives on the photos. My wife's mother has given an affidavit saying she was presented on our wedding and I and my wife knew each other since last 3 years before marriage.

    The marriage is true but since my wife doesn't want to move with me, we are not staying together for last 2 years. According to her, why she doesn't want to move is, she doesn't want to be away from her family (her 3 kids from her 1st husband + her parents + her bros and sis).

    That's my situation. My wife has written a later to the USCIS saying she sent me to the bigger city for work because there are no jobs where she lives.

    Ok guys, Please give me some ideas about what happens in this scenario? Did you guys have this kind of case? Was it approved by USCIS? Actually the marriage is true but since my wife doesn't want to move with me, we're not staying together. Guys, I want your advice what should I do? Please let me know what happens with my I751?


  • #2
    Oh please ! You must think we are idiots. You are a liar and a fraud and this is the worst fraud story I have ever heard. We are not even going to respond to such an unbelievable and ludicrous story. Even immigration would laugh at you.

    Make up a new story and repost. This story is just too pathetic. You obviously aren't Russian or Canadian because they are much better liars. Ask the other fraudsters on this board on story making tips.


    • #3
      I apologize. I don't know perhaps it's only me, and not about you at all. But this post tastes and smells to me like a re-run.


      • #4
        Its a joke already with these people.


        • #5
          Wow, we agreed on one thing this time. Great!


          • #6
            This was the worst one ever I think. He hit on every cliche in the book. What a joke.


            • #7
              Or at least come up with a better story ! Jeez; this was really pathetic. The worst one ever in ILW history; which says a lot ! Ask Shelly2020 for some fraud story writing tips; she is really good at it.


              • #8
                Hey, what is your problem man? Are you frustrated yourself for some reason and you enjoy hurting the people?

                What do you mean I'm a fraud? Who is a fraud? I never lie and never cheat to anyone. I believe in Christianity and I think the true Christians don't lie.

                What I'm saying is 100% truth and I have all the evidence that I can give to the USCIS. I don't say I have a bad relationship with my wife but what I'm saying is truth! Guys, pls learn to realize the reality! Lots of innocent people are in my situation in this country. This website is to share the pain of the innocent people and to give some good ideas to them, who are innocent but still having a problem. This website is not to give more pain or not to create more problems! Thanks anyway!


                • #9
                  Christians don't lie.
                  HA HA HA HA HA !!! This is TOO funny !!! This guy is a riot !!

                  We love it; keep posting, we all need the laughs !


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:
                    I apologize. I don't know perhaps it's only me, and not about you at all. But this post tastes and smells to me like a re-run.
                    Yes, RN, I remember this one too. A rerun and this poor guy still hasn't figured out that his wife is using him and doesn't want a real marriage.


                    • #11
                      Thanks for your message buddy. Yes, what I am saying is 100% truth. The USCIS gave me the date to submit all the documents at once. Yes, 2004 tax returns was sent without my signature on it and it was filed. We got some tax return money back that year too. I have the W-2 of 2004 too.

                      If I listen to you and don't send money home, then my wife might file a divorce. If she files a divorce, it might take some times to finalize the divorced and I won't have time to file a waver or whatever.

                      I don't know much about the immigration law but that's what I think. I wish if some one who really knows the immigration law, and who had this kind of situation in the past, advices me, I'd really appreciate. Does the USCIS wait until the divorce is finalized? Do they give me more time?


                      • #12
                        Susil, even in the case of divorce, if you can prove the marriage was real (and it appears you have evidence), you should still be able to have your conditions removed. In my opinion, the longer you live apart from your wife, the worse it looks for your case. And, it doesn't sound like you are very content with the situation.


                        • #13
                          Sisil - copied the following from the internet. It might give you some good information:

                          Removing Conditions on Marriage-Based GCs
                          Posted Oct 01, 2004


                          This outline demonstrates options available when one obtains only conditional resident status. These choices vary depending upon the marital status of the parties.

                          What is Conditional Resident Status?

                          As most MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers are aware, a foreign national who receives a "green card" (GC) or permanent resident status based upon marriage to a U.S. citizen is given conditional permanent resident status if the marriage is under two years old at the time of green card approval. If the marriage has been in existence for over 2 years at the time of the I-485 approval, then the foreign national spouse obtains permanent resident status without any conditions.

                          The conditional permanent resident status is valid for two years. At the end of the two-year period, if nothing is filed with the USCIS, the person's conditional status will expire. In order to remove the conditions and obtain unconditional permanent resident status, the foreign national spouse must file Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. [This and other USCIS forms are available through MurthyDotCom.] For jointly-filed Petitions, this form may be filed up to 90 days in advance of the conditional permanent residence expiration date. How the form is filed and the strategy involved depend upon the particular marital situation.

                          The I-751 is an anti-fraud measure. It is designed to allow the USCIS to determine whether the marriage is, indeed, bona fide.

                          Filing if the Couple is Married

                          If the couple is still married, the I-751 must be filed jointly within the 90 days immediately before the end of the second year of conditional permanent resident status. Ideally, the couple is still together and happily married. They file their joint I-751 and show that their marriage is on-going and bona fide. Evidence submitted should include updated documentation of their joint address, any joint assets / liabilities, evidence of any children, and any other proof that they are living like most married couples.

                          Filing if the Couple is Separated

                          More troublesome is if the couple is still married, but separated or otherwise not getting along. With limited exception, as long as the couple is legally married, it is necessary to have a joint petition. Thus, troubled marriages often need either to be reconciled or terminated in order to file the I-751. As explained below, the I-751 can be filed by divorced individuals, and may be approved, as long as there is sufficient evidence that the marriage was genuine when initially entered into. It is more difficult to satisfy the USCIS in such scenarios, however.

                          Joint-Filing Waived in Limited Cases

                          There are two situations in which a person who is still legally married can file the I-751 without the spouse. The first is if the person entered into a marriage in good faith, but has been battered or subjected to extreme cruelty by the petitioning spouse. The second is if termination of permanent resident status and removal from the U.S. would result in extreme hardship to the foreign national. Extreme hardship is a high standard and can be based only upon conditions that arose after the conditional residency was acquired.

                          Filing after Divorce or Annulment

                          A conditional permanent resident with a marriage that was terminated due to divorce or annulment must file for a waiver of the requirement of the joint filing of Form I-751. To obtain an approval of the I-751 and be granted unconditional lawful permanent resident status, the conditional permanent resident spouse must be able to show that s/he entered into the marriage in good faith.

                          The person seeking permanent resident status should expect to undergo an interview at the USCIS about the marriage. The USCIS will closely scrutinize whether the marriage was bona fide at its inception. The USCIS will review the divorce decree and complaint for matters that may be reflective of whether the marriage was entered into purely for immigration purposes or to perpetrate fraud against the United States citizen spouse or the USCIS.

                          Filing after Death of U.S. Citizen Spouse

                          If the U.S. citizen spouse dies the conditional permanent resident must file for a waiver of the joint I-751 petition. The conditional permanent resident must again be able to show that s/he entered into the marriage in good faith in order to obtain an approval of the waiver and be granted regular lawful permanent resident status. In order to qualify, it is also necessary to document the death of the U.S. citizen spouse and file within certain timeframes.

                          Timings for Filing the I-751 in these Cases

                          As noted above, jointly-filed petitions must be filed within the 90-day period prior to the expiration of the conditional status.

                          Those seeking to file for a waiver of the joint filing requirement also generally file within this timeframe. They may file earlier, however; as soon as they otherwise qualify for the waiver, if they so choose.

                          There are also regulations governing late filings. The late filing can be excused in certain circumstances. However, it is best to file within the proper timeframes. If this does not occur, or becomes impossible for some reason, it is best to consult with a qualified immigration attorney to devise the best possible strategy under the circumstances.


                          Because there historically has been a high rate of marriage fraud to obtain the green card, the I-751 is required to establish that the marriage was entered into in good faith and that no fraud occurred. Therefore, the evidence required in such cases is high. Couples should be mindful of the need to file the I-751, both in terms of timing and documentation evidencing a shared life and common household. It is very useful to maintain such documentation from the time of marriage, through the filing of the I-751.

                          Individuals having marital problems should also be careful with these documents and should try to retain what they can, even if they have to leave the marital home. In most cases it is advisable to consult or work with an attorney before filing the I-751. This is particularly true for couples with marital difficulties and for those with any unusual circumstances regarding their particular marital situations.


                          • #14
                            Thanks proudUSC! But I will not have much time to submit all the papers if we file a divorce. Do they give me additional time until the divorced is finished?


                            • #15
                              If I listen to you and don't send money home, then my wife might file a divorce. If she files a divorce, it might take some times to finalize the divorced and I won't have time to file a waver or whatever.
                              Yep; this is a legitimate marriage alright !!


                              Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

                              Home Page

                              Immigration Daily


                              Processing times

                              Immigration forms

                              Discussion board



                              Twitter feed

                              Immigrant Nation


                              CLE Workshops

                              Immigration books

                              Advertise on ILW



                              About ILW.COM

                              Connect to us



                              Immigration Daily