X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbam
    replied
    sad, it is my understanding, and believe you me both bigD and i have been comparing notes with the visits to USCIS, that it's not IF but WHEN he will be asked to leave. Unfort, when you revoke your petition you don't get to know. You may be able to visit with an Info Officer and ask questions in general, like i have, course it's questions you have about YOUR case. If that makes any sense. It is also my understanding when you revoked your petition they revoked his work VISA. but again, its not IF but WHEN he is asked to leave and unfort you won't get to know until you don't EVER see him again .... you're more than welcome to email me, if you want to the listed address above.
    i know it licks a55, patience and waiting, and easier said than done ............ i know
    GOOD LUCK!

Leave a comment:

• sadmac
    replied
    I am in same situation. I found out my husband who is canadian, was lying to me for 2 yrs just to get here. He came here on a k-1 in 12/03,we were married 2 weeks later, filed AOS etc. 4 months into marriage, I discovered he was having an affair with my best friend, as well as internet dating and who knows who else he has his hands on. I was ready for divorce, but we entered counseling for 5 months to try "everything". In 12/04 I discovered another affair. At this point it was obvious he was using me for immigration benefits. I offered to buy him a plane ticket, he said he had no intentions of leaving. Was going to run off with new woman (and did). If filed divorce & notified USCIS immediately. I revoked whatever petition on my part I was able to, as we had not gone to 1st interview yet. 5 letters, several phone calls, months later I still had not received any notice. Finally was able to speak with helpful officer, who said "did you expect us to send you a letter saying we received your letter etc? we dont do that." but he did say there was "no movement on this application" and that I was "off the hook" and that he was "out of status". I said his work auth expired 5/05 and he is STILL working at same place etc. The officer said "not good, he is working illegally". and "unfortunately we dont have the manpower to go out and get him. unless he has run in with law etc.". I asked WHEN they would notify him? he said immigration is the aliens responsibility to notify USCIS of their wherabouts etc. ???? AT WHAT POINT DO THEY ASK HIM TO LEAVE???!! our divorce will be final in 9/05, and I plan on sending a copy of judgement to USCIS. Any more advice?? I feel he is making a mockery of me by being here. As well as my country, and honest immigrants.

Leave a comment:

• bigdummy
    replied
    Newbam,

I've been on vacation, but am back now. I sent you an e-mail to the address provided. I am looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
    BigDummy

Leave a comment:

• newbam
    replied
    BigD: write to linknloon@foxracing.every1.net (cut and paste it's easier), and in the subject write 'divorce', i get a lot of unwanted email there so rarely check it, but will often now if you email me. then i will give you my email account i check often hope to hear from you soon!!

Leave a comment:

• bigdummy
    replied
    Newbam,
    I don't know how to send or recieve private messages. Would you mind giving me your email address? We could exchange message there if you want.
    Bigdummy

Leave a comment:

• newbam
    replied
    YES! i would very much like that!! i tried to private message you to ask the very same thing but I don't think I am priv'd enough, it wouldn't allow me to PM you
    i was reading your post and the replies from NJATTORNEY as well as others.
    Please keep me updated .... GOOD LUCK!

Leave a comment:

• bigdummy
    replied
    Thank you. I guess one has to be or have been in a similar situation to really understand. I appreciate your good wishes. I am optimisitic that he will have to leave the country. I just hope it is sooner rather than later. I'll keep you posted and I would also like it if you will keep me posted on your situation.

Leave a comment:

• newbam
    replied
    BigD: You've read my thoughts and feelings, thanks. It's unfortunate we cannot see into the future ... good luck to you and your situation

Leave a comment:

• bigdummy
    replied
    Newbam,
    My heart goes out to you. I was taken advantage of by my foreign husband and I spend a lot of time trying to talk to USCIS. I want him to leave the country more than anything. The information you get from this board, your attorney and USCIS can be conflicting and emotionally you are hurt and angry, so it's hard to know when you are thinking clearly.

Leave a comment:

• newbam
    replied
    I just wanted others to comment to see what they think and to see if the answers were similar if not the same as the answers I was receiving from INS. It's difficult for me to accept and/or understand some of the lingo and how some of the answers seem to be left up in the air. I suppose I need closure on my end and I am aware they will NOT divulge information, however, with his behavior toward me it's been difficult dealing with this person. I just wish he'd make it all easy and just leave. JMC: he is already in the states, a R/O or Prot/Order are not an option (I already looked into it) but thanks for responding. BIGD: I, too, believe the same ... it's the patience that's difficult! thanks

Leave a comment:

• jmcdonaltx
    replied
    if you are afraid the ex will get back in the states,you can have a restraining order put against him,if he does get back in the states it
    would also be easier to lock his butt up for child support evasion if he has done that.to echo other comments,if ins told you your portion was a done deal.then let the issue lay where it may.why give yourself an ulcer.

Leave a comment:

• bigdummy
    replied
    USCIS will protect the privacy of the non-USC even though he has been accused of bad things and this is good that they do. I'm not saying you are wrong Newbam, but please remember that USCIS people have to follow rules and your ex-husband is in America and we treat people fairly. I believe eventually people get what they deserve, so sit tight

Leave a comment:

• sappyconifer
    replied
    newbam,

Where are you missing the point? You withdrew the petition/I864, thus removing yourself from the process and any obligation. What happens from this point on does not include you. If your ex-husband is successful in finding another basis for permanent residency, it will be based upon the merits of that petition. Please consider the matter closed on your end.

Leave a comment:

• newbam
    replied
    bigD and sapC: INS has told me he was denied residency. They confirmed it was NOT because we failed to appear to the meeting with the Investigator but due to the letter i had submitted withdrawing my sponsorship. They said they denied him rez AND revoked his Work VISA the day they received my letter. I am just getting back from INS. It's too bad you can't speak, tho you may request, to the same officer you've spoken with in the past. Though they've been very pleasant and helpful, I still feel a little unsure especially when my ex's attorney says they are attempting to petition my ex to stay. I wrote a letter of request to meet with the Investigator. Initially, his case was with an Officer, today they told me the Officer In Charge has the file. Any suggestions on questions or anything I should ask if this OIC gets around to calling me for an appointment?? And yes I have been pestering INS about this situation many times, I think this is my 5th or 6th time to see them. I don't want this file to sit on someone's desk collecting dust!

Leave a comment:

• sappyconifer
    replied
    If done prior to adjudication of the AOS submission, the simple withdrawal of an I864 by the US citizen sponsor would lead to a denial of the whole AOS petition. Form I864 from a joint sponsor may not be used in lieu of a Form I864 from the petitioner. I can't say how long it would take for USCIS to adjudicate and notice the alien on the denial.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation