•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aneri
    replied
    Antifascist1 Posted July 17, 2006 04:47 PM
    aneri is ****sterhead, so ignore it's message.

That's so cute. And good arguments too.

Chipdeals: once you submit paperwork to regulate your status (adjustemnt of status based on marriage to USC) and receive Employment Authorisation Document (in 2 - 3 months from filing), you should be able to get SSN within weeks.

Leave a comment:

• chipdeals
    replied
    Hi!

Thank you for all the tips.
    Yes we did come legally with some tourist visa that was good for 6 months.

My plan now is to just go ahead and get a Lawyer and file all the paperwork to become legal. And I have no criminal record or health risks. My wife is USA Citizen , and now we have a baby on the way.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a temp SN issued. I just need to get my license here in California.

Leave a comment:

• Antifascist1
    replied
    aneri is ****sterhead, so ignore it's message.

Forget about DL. First you need to consult an immigration attorney and find out if you can legalize your presence in US.
    IF your wife is USC, if you have no criminal records/pose no health/public risks, if you haven't been ordered deported in past, if you came to US LEGALLY then chances are that you can get your LPR in 6 to 9 months if all the needed paperwork properly filed.
    Then , once you have USCIS endorsed document indicating your legal status, you can also get SSN, DL and etc.
    But you definitely need to contact an immigration attorney, ASAP !

In the meantime if you are pulled over , arrested and turned over to ICE don't load your pants and don't panick.
    Just politely ask for an attorney to represent you (or contact one of your own choice) ,then sit tight in jail and wait for Court date so you can plea your case before the Immigration Judge.

Good luck,

IE

Leave a comment:

• aneri
    replied
    well, you can't get SSN without the legal status in the US.
    You've been lucky so far... your wife has a reasonable fear that you may be deported one day. It may happen the next time you are stopped by police. Got it?

Read this:
    http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/legpermres.htm

Leave a comment:

• chipdeals
    replied
    Hi!

I was 11 or 12 when I entered the US. I came from germany , my wife is a US citizen yes.
    I mainly care about getting my SSN so I can have a drivers license and build credit so I can buy a house one day for my family.

Rene

Leave a comment:

• aneri
    replied
    Is your wife US citizen?

I assume you entered the US vith valid visa, correct?

Your status is your priority. Once you solve that, you'll be able to get SSN and DL.

Leave a comment:

• Antifascist1
    replied
    Crying won't help neither of you.
    Contact local charities , check the EOIR published list of pro-bono immigration attorneys and consult one. They won't charge you anything if you can't afford to pay for legal service.
    But if you can afford to pay, try to consult experienced immigration attorney (most pro-bono attorneys provided by charities are recent graduates with little or no experience in the field).
    Consultation won't ever cost you $500-1000, more like $150-200 for half to one hour time.

Good luck,
    IE

Leave a comment:

• chipdeals
    replied
    Hi!

I need some advice.

Let me give you the quick run down of my situation.

My parents brought me over to america when I was 11 Years old. I am 29 now. Been illegal ever since. Have no criminal history. Just got married in January. Just found out that I have a baby on the way . I always had my drivers license in UT because you didn't need a social. I was pulled over today and they told me my LIcense is expired because ut chanceled all the once with no SN. Since January I couldn't afford to hire a lawyer because most people tell me its at least 2k or more. I can afford 500 to $1000 . But now they told me if they see me driving I will get arrested so I need to fix this ASAP. I have always been self employed but drive a lot everday. So I need to fix this.

#1 Do I really need a lawyer or can do this myself.

#2 if I do need one , does somebody know anybody in san diego who has cheaper fees but is a good lawyer.

#3 how long does it take to get a temp paper from the social office so I can get a drivers license.

My wife been crying all day because she said I was going to get deported back to germany. So I really need to fix this. Any advice would help a lot. You can post here or my direct email is selling009@aol.com

Leave a comment:

• Help Needed , Lawyer San Diego , Becoming Legal , Drivers License ASAP

Hi!

I need some advice.

Let me give you the quick run down of my situation.

My parents brought me over to america when I was 11 Years old. I am 29 now. Been illegal ever since. Have no criminal history. Just got married in January. Just found out that I have a baby on the way . I always had my drivers license in UT because you didn't need a social. I was pulled over today and they told me my LIcense is expired because ut chanceled all the once with no SN. Since January I couldn't afford to hire a lawyer because most people tell me its at least 2k or more. I can afford 500 to $1000 . But now they told me if they see me driving I will get arrested so I need to fix this ASAP. I have always been self employed but drive a lot everday. So I need to fix this.

#1 Do I really need a lawyer or can do this myself.

#2 if I do need one , does somebody know anybody in san diego who has cheaper fees but is a good lawyer.

#3 how long does it take to get a temp paper from the social office so I can get a drivers license.

My wife been crying all day because she said I was going to get deported back to germany. So I really need to fix this. Any advice would help a lot. You can post here or my direct email is selling009@aol.com
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney