Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wait time n400

hi all has anyone applied fo us citizenship recently if so how long did it take..
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

hi all has anyone applied fo us citizenship recently if so how long did it take..
    Regards and thanks,

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mary Ireland:
      hi all has anyone applied fo us citizenship recently if so how long did it take DC area.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
      Regards and thanks,

Comment

It took 5 months in NY

Comment

how long ago was that i.e what year?
          Regards and thanks,

Comment

I know 2 people who both had oath ceremony on Mon March 14th 2011. They sent in application Dec 15th however 1 application was returned because a page was missing. So here is aprox timeline.
            Dec 15th 2010 N400 sent in based on 5 yr residency although both have been living in this country over 40 yrs.
            Dec 20th-check cashed
            1st applicant biometric was Jan 11, the 2nd person was Jan 20th-although N400 was sent in same time as explained above, a page was missing which delayed her application process.
            Interview March 2nd and March 11th. Both approved, oath ceremony March 14th. applied for passport the same day

Comment

thats real fast
              Regards and thanks,

Comment

I think it depends what part of the country you live in and the cost of $680-its a lot but worth it. When the first applicant went for her interview there were 3 people in the waiting room and with the 2nd applicant there was about 9 people. However 53 applicants from 37 countries was sworn in on Mon.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mary Ireland:
                  how long ago was that i.e what year? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On September 26, 2009 I sent the paperwork, on February 10, 2010 I had my interview

Comment

These days it's pretty quick. Usually less than 6 months start to finish. Nothing like my 2yrs+ thanks to the infamous FBI namecheck fiasco.
                    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

So, the towel head 'brit' had problems with the FBI?

Comment

Yes No Brain..along with the other 360,000+ who also got stuck in the namecheck fiasco back in about 2007. There was obviously no problem since I was cleared. Got a problem with it?
                        "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

hi all has anyone applied fo us citizenship recently if so how long did it take.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to http://forums.immigration.com/...hp?18-US-Citizenship and browse the threads. They have time-lines for most of jurisdictions throughout US (every poster shares their experience , many have detailed time-lines added to signature, etc.)

Good luck
                          http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
                            Yes No Brain..along with the other 360,000+ who also got stuck in the namecheck fiasco back in about 2007. There was obviously no problem since I was cleared. Got a problem with it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                            Yes I have a problem with it. The last thing America needs is another uneducated liberal supporting Barry and his cronies in its pursuit to destroy this once great country.

Comment

Bad luck I guess Paddy

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation