•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aneri
    replied
    Hi aussie2,

- consult a lawyer on this. Being late 15 months is not the same as being late a few days or weeks.

You are doing the right thing. I belive that everything comes up, sooner or later. Had you applyed for naturalization, USCIS would realize that you haven't removed conditions... or maybe after your next trip, you wouldn't be able to enter the US.

Leave a comment:

• aussie2
    replied
    I am a permanant resident that is married to US citizen born and bred. Today I was looking into the naturalisation process and I realised that I didn't file my petition for the removal of my conditional status (I-751) when I should have (15 months ago). According to the USCIS website and the USCIS person I talked on the phone I am in big trouble, i.e. I am now considered an illegal alien. I am going to file the I-751 asap and include the neccessary letter to the director explaining why i am so late.

Theres my story now heres where I ask your advice. I have spent the last 5 years contributing to american society, working paying taxes, etc.etc. How do I have my permanant residency reinstated without disrupting my life and putting everything I have accomplished in jeopardy?

Another thing, when I spoke to the USCIS person I got the distinct impression that if I hadn't realised my mikstake and brought it to their attention they may never have taken any action against me.

Leave a comment:

• aussie2
    started a topic need some advice

need some advice

I am a permanant resident that is married to US citizen born and bred. Today I was looking into the naturalisation process and I realised that I didn't file my petition for the removal of my conditional status (I-751) when I should have (15 months ago). According to the USCIS website and the USCIS person I talked on the phone I am in big trouble, i.e. I am now considered an illegal alien. I am going to file the I-751 asap and include the neccessary letter to the director explaining why i am so late.

Theres my story now heres where I ask your advice. I have spent the last 5 years contributing to american society, working paying taxes, etc.etc. How do I have my permanant residency reinstated without disrupting my life and putting everything I have accomplished in jeopardy?

Another thing, when I spoke to the USCIS person I got the distinct impression that if I hadn't realised my mikstake and brought it to their attention they may never have taken any action against me.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney