Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 visa

As my fiance will be applying for the K1 visa after i am divorced, hopefully around January 2008. Will it raise a flag as i was married to a US citizen before? Were still trying to decide whether to get an immigration lawyer involved but arnt sure who is good and who is bad. We want to go down the correct route as we have heard a few people having problems appyling the K1 themselves. Can anyone recommend what good lawyer to use? My fiance lives in South Carolina....PS does anyone know a rough timeline for the K1? Thanks

As my fiance will be applying for the K1 visa after i am divorced, hopefully around January 2008. Will it raise a flag as i was married to a US citizen before? Were still trying to decide whether to get an immigration lawyer involved but arnt sure who is good and who is bad. We want to go down the correct route as we have heard a few people having problems appyling the K1 themselves. Can anyone recommend what good lawyer to use? My fiance lives in South Carolina....PS does anyone know a rough timeline for the K1? Thanks

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...m&page=k1guide

Try this forum has all info on what you need to do, flowcharts, processing times etc.,

Comment

You may need to seek a competent legal advice. The USCIS may take issue in the fact of the required "meeting in person" (or proof of ongoing amorous relationship, unless alien's country costumes prohibit it) within two years prior to the filing of Form I-129F petition. This period may coincide with or overlap your yet undissolved marriage. Yeah, it may raise a red flag. You said she's in South Carolina? What's her current status? She has to consular process her K-1 visa application. You know that.

(Just an opinion - take it or leave it).

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:
            You may need to seek a competent legal advice. The USCIS may take issue in the fact of the required "meeting in person" (or proof of ongoing amorous relationship, unless alien's country costumes prohibit it) within two years prior to the filing of Form I-129F petition. This period may coincide with or overlap your yet undissolved marriage. Yeah, it may raise a red flag. You said she's in South Carolina? What's her current status? She has to consular process her K-1 visa application. You know that.

(Just an opinion - take it or leave it). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well we have met 3 times. Last time was July 2007, she came over to Scotland for a month and met my family. We have alot of proof of our relationship is reall and intact, eg, photos, letters, phone calls. We talk everyday on the phone since April 2007. Were doing this cause we love each other and want to be together. Shes divorced with 3 kids and earns approx $1000 per week. The first 2 times we met was in Canada as i wasnt sure if i would get into the States as i was married to a US citizen.

Comment

I am sure it was SOM that said a woman can petition as many different spouses as she likes, but a man can only petition 2 spouses, if that makes sense.

maybe SOM, Darkforce or WWII Vet can give more details

Comment

Wow, sorry, I'm confused who is the USC and who's the alien fiance. Good you didn't blast me for the mix-up. Your case really, really needs to be scrutinized by a competent immigration practitioner.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:
                  Wow, sorry, I'm confused who is the USC and who's the alien fiance. Good you didn't blast me for the mix-up. Your case really, really needs to be scrutinized by a competent immigration practitioner. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im the fiance who lives in the UK..Looks as though we need a lawyer. Just need to find a good one who is reliable.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation