Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L-1 visa & I-539 companion

I would appreciate your help with a defense and a case citation, if possible. Also, would a motion to reconsider be the right procedure to the following problem:

I submitted an L-1 visa package including the I-907, I-129, I-129 Supp, and the I-539 (for the wife and children). USCIS approved the beneficiary last week, but they denied the I-539 form stating:

"your authorized stay in the US is dependent on beneficiary's status ... your I-539 form was filed too soon. You are eligible for change to L-2 status after beneficiary enters the US with L status."

I have always filed all the above forms together in the last 9 yrs and never had a denial. Also, both beneficiary and wife are not in the US, which was stated in the I-539, so i do not understand the basis for denial.

Thanks in advance. Please email me at: dave118152@yahoo.com

I would appreciate your help with a defense and a case citation, if possible. Also, would a motion to reconsider be the right procedure to the following problem:

I submitted an L-1 visa package including the I-907, I-129, I-129 Supp, and the I-539 (for the wife and children). USCIS approved the beneficiary last week, but they denied the I-539 form stating:

"your authorized stay in the US is dependent on beneficiary's status ... your I-539 form was filed too soon. You are eligible for change to L-2 status after beneficiary enters the US with L status."

I have always filed all the above forms together in the last 9 yrs and never had a denial. Also, both beneficiary and wife are not in the US, which was stated in the I-539, so i do not understand the basis for denial.

Thanks in advance. Please email me at: dave118152@yahoo.com

Comment

First of all- You don't file an I-539 when the Beneficiary is out of the country.
      Second, it seems you filed the case as a Consular Case, not Change of Status or Extension of Status which means that the L-2 family members must obtain the L-2 visa only after the L-1 beneficiary gets the visa (or get's it together).

Comment

Hi,
        Thanks for giving us this useful advice,your thread will help me a lot because i am looking for moving abroad next month with my family.

us visa requirements us visa requirements

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed