• Show
Clear All

• Tigress
    replied
    PKASH, any news for you from USCIS yet?

Leave a comment:

• pkash
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fredy:
    Pkash,Is is the first time they do a FBI name check to you? This is just good for one year,then they have to do it again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

think you are confusing fingerprints (FP) with FBI name check or background check...

Leave a comment:

• Fredy
    replied
    Pkash,Is is the first time they do a FBI name check to you? This is just good for one year,then they have to do it again.

Leave a comment:

• pkash
    replied
    Kumar
    refer my post dated 28th february, the link directs you to updated background chk Q&A.

it clearly states that most of the cases will be taken care off by mid march, if there is no update till March 10th , make a infopass appointment ( contact them!!)..

no updates in my case yet, the last LUD was september'07...had my AOS interview in jan 22nd,2008

Leave a comment:

• Kumar555
    replied
    USCIS was to update this Background Check Q & A
    Have any one heard I was unable to find so far.

Leave a comment:

• pkash
    replied
    the new memo states that they are going to resolve most of the cases by March 15th and contact them by March 10th , if we dont hear any updates on the case...

Leave a comment:

• Tigress
    replied
    I went for infopass on March3rd. Again, the officer told me to wait another 60 days. He told me about this new USCIS policy and confirmed with me that my fbi name check has been pending since september 2007. Anyway, for all the 3 hours driving to USCIS, one hour waiting in USCIS, the outcome was hearing "Wait for another 60 days".

I don't really know whether using infopass interview will ever help on our cases.

Good luck to everyone who is stuck with FBI name checking. God Bless them.

Leave a comment:

• Richardt64
    replied
    My wife filed in Feb 2006. and her case still yet to be finalized. hope this will help out

Leave a comment:

• pkash
    replied
    USCIS Releases Updated Background Check Q & As (Updated 2/28/08)
    http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=24696

March 10th is the deadline guy's, hope everyone get out of this NameCheck mess....

Leave a comment:

• pkash
    replied
    i just had an infopass on 25th , can i get one more infopass so soon, on my last visit the IO had no info abt my case NADA, NIL, ZIlch

this is time am planning to go with new memo which talks abt 180 days..

Leave a comment:

• Crazylawfrog
    replied
    The 180 days starts when USCIS asks for the FBI name check. This date is known only to CIS, and is almost impossible to obtain. Good luck...

Leave a comment:

• Tigress
    replied
    I had my finger prints done mid July, so my FBI name check has been pending for more than 180 days now. I had an interview mid October and was told case can not be approved due to FBI name check.

I made an info pass appointment on March 3rd. I will keep my fingers crossed to see what will happen to me.

Leave a comment:

• Adam
    replied
    A friends son was finger printed in May 2007, he was interviewed by the Immigration Officer on November 07, 2007.
    The young boy is still waiting.
    You are asking for suggestion, What you can expect from the government agency?

Leave a comment:

• pkash
    replied
    any suggestions please, really pissed off after infopass appointment, called the 1-800 number today, the IO started reading case status online which is not updated for last 5 months, i told him, i had a interview last month, would like to know the status, he put me on hold, came back after couple of minutes told me wait 90 days and give us a call back....

i am going to write to ombudsman tomorrow another option is Infopasss, as i said earlier i had infopass yesterday, is it ok to schedule one more so soon....

Leave a comment:

• pkash
    replied
    if iam right the the FBI background check starts from the day i fingerprinted , right!!!then it has been 180 days by yesterday

i just had an infopass yesterday, if i get another infopass for say, in next two days will it be a problem?do i need to wait longer for naother appointment?

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation