Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New District Office Procedures - Improvement? I think not!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sphyrapicus3
    replied
    Glad to hear it ARQU.

Leave a comment:

• ARQU
    replied
    Aguila,

Not yet.... Just bills and junk mail so far...

Sphyrapicus:

Thanks for the advice. I was able to get an app't two weeks from today. I went online early this am to do it...

ARQU

Leave a comment:

• sphyrapicus3
    replied
    Eagle,

Got I-551 stamped for I-751 approval on July 8th. No 10-year card in mail yet.

Leave a comment:

• Aguila
    replied
    Did you get the new green card yet?

Leave a comment:

• ARQU
    replied
    Thanks for the info...

I have been trying for a few days now (including at EOD) but I guess there is no choice...

ARQU

Leave a comment:

• sphyrapicus3
    replied
    Infopass appointments are booked two weeks in advance and once all have been filled you will get the unavailable message. At the close of business each day, appointments are released to the system for one day two weeks ahead. You need to log on at the end of the day (5:00 pm for Newark?).

Leave a comment:

• ARQU
    replied
    Just an FYI... I am trying to file an I-90 for my son who although he is only 3 yrs into his 10yr GC, we need to file for another GHC now that he has turned 14. I have run into a total brick wall with this one!

Here are some facts:

1) AR-11 - Did you know that you now need to file an AR-11 after you turn 14? Two weeks ago, I checked into this and it was 16 at that time... So I better get his AR-11 off!

2) They changed the requirements for the Pictures - now they are the same as passport pics!

3) You can no longer just walk-in at Newark. You must make an appointment via info-pass. And guess what - there are never any appt's available. Is this progress? I think not! I have been trying for days now and all I get is a message "There are no appointments available - Try again later". - Very Freakin' helpful!!!!

4) They upped the fees YET AGAIN!!! It was only a few months ago they shot them up now they have done it again (FYI - The I-90 form still has the old, old fees on them - they can't even keep up with the increases on the forms!) It is now $185 + $70 for fingerprints!

So I am p.i.s.s.e.d off!!!! I had the whole Newark thing down pat after going there for the last 6 years or so - I was just going to head over there and do the usual - now all I can do is attempt - without any hope of success - to book an appointment that will be some day in the far future. If it was a simple I-90 renewal, I could e-file it (but he falls under the turned 14 rule) - if it was a simple I-551 renewal, I could hit one of NJ's ASC - But no, I have to deal with the d.a.m.n. DSC!

Just venting - I have been doing this for too many years (7 now) and it just never stops!

ARQU

Leave a comment:

• New District Office Procedures - Improvement? I think not!

Just an FYI... I am trying to file an I-90 for my son who although he is only 3 yrs into his 10yr GC, we need to file for another GHC now that he has turned 14. I have run into a total brick wall with this one!

Here are some facts:

1) AR-11 - Did you know that you now need to file an AR-11 after you turn 14? Two weeks ago, I checked into this and it was 16 at that time... So I better get his AR-11 off!

2) They changed the requirements for the Pictures - now they are the same as passport pics!

3) You can no longer just walk-in at Newark. You must make an appointment via info-pass. And guess what - there are never any appt's available. Is this progress? I think not! I have been trying for days now and all I get is a message "There are no appointments available - Try again later". - Very Freakin' helpful!!!!

4) They upped the fees YET AGAIN!!! It was only a few months ago they shot them up now they have done it again (FYI - The I-90 form still has the old, old fees on them - they can't even keep up with the increases on the forms!) It is now $185 + $70 for fingerprints!

So I am p.i.s.s.e.d off!!!! I had the whole Newark thing down pat after going there for the last 6 years or so - I was just going to head over there and do the usual - now all I can do is attempt - without any hope of success - to book an appointment that will be some day in the far future. If it was a simple I-90 renewal, I could e-file it (but he falls under the turned 14 rule) - if it was a simple I-551 renewal, I could hit one of NJ's ASC - But no, I have to deal with the d.a.m.n. DSC!

Just venting - I have been doing this for too many years (7 now) and it just never stops!

ARQU
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation