Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 and marriage a disaster...

got here on k1 visa, got married within the 90 day period.. i got here a year ago. i dont have SS card, work permit, green card (I-485 been withdrawn by my husband so he claimed, interview suppose to be sometime this month, but i dont know for sure, i dont have any copies of my immigration notices or whatsoever). i guess interview for AOS was a week ago because my husband recieved the notice a month ago.

i moved out and has been two weeks since i move with my girlfriend. my husband wanted me back but i refused for series of things that have been happening over and over and over again. i love my husband and there is no way i am gonna file some petition like the abuse thing as i was advised. i dont want to do that.

my husband had me sign a prenuptial agreement (before we got married) and divorce paper which should be finalized and be signed by both of us sometime in May. my husband said, he will not sign the final divorce paper. i dont want to go home without it.

he also told me that he will have me on deport status and be thrown to jail once the immigration receive and take action on his letter stating that i am no longer in his house.

do i have any option so i can stay here legally? if there are, what are they? some friends tell me, get married with another US citizen (file I-130) OR file for political assylum... these are crazy ideas!! are there anything else?

this has been a complete nightmare for me and i miss my family and getting depressed, plus scared of the fact that i might go to jail but i dont want to leave without any divorce paper.

not only i am so heart broken, shattered dreams of my a man to take care of me and have a happy family here in the USA but now also very very scared. i dont want to be more of a burden to my friends and my aunt here in the USA.

i dont have a job and i am feeling so useless here although they all want to help me to have me remain in the USA even loaning me money for lawyers but i dont want to take a risk. i dont want to violate any laws here nor that i want to be scared all the time. i want to work if possible. they all tell me not to go home but i dont want to take chances. i am so hurt and so devastated emotionally, physically and mentally.

if he wont sign the divorce, can i do something about it? i dont want to leave this country without it.

got here on k1 visa, got married within the 90 day period.. i got here a year ago. i dont have SS card, work permit, green card (I-485 been withdrawn by my husband so he claimed, interview suppose to be sometime this month, but i dont know for sure, i dont have any copies of my immigration notices or whatsoever). i guess interview for AOS was a week ago because my husband recieved the notice a month ago.

i moved out and has been two weeks since i move with my girlfriend. my husband wanted me back but i refused for series of things that have been happening over and over and over again. i love my husband and there is no way i am gonna file some petition like the abuse thing as i was advised. i dont want to do that.

my husband had me sign a prenuptial agreement (before we got married) and divorce paper which should be finalized and be signed by both of us sometime in May. my husband said, he will not sign the final divorce paper. i dont want to go home without it.

he also told me that he will have me on deport status and be thrown to jail once the immigration receive and take action on his letter stating that i am no longer in his house.

do i have any option so i can stay here legally? if there are, what are they? some friends tell me, get married with another US citizen (file I-130) OR file for political assylum... these are crazy ideas!! are there anything else?

this has been a complete nightmare for me and i miss my family and getting depressed, plus scared of the fact that i might go to jail but i dont want to leave without any divorce paper.

not only i am so heart broken, shattered dreams of my a man to take care of me and have a happy family here in the USA but now also very very scared. i dont want to be more of a burden to my friends and my aunt here in the USA.

i dont have a job and i am feeling so useless here although they all want to help me to have me remain in the USA even loaning me money for lawyers but i dont want to take a risk. i dont want to violate any laws here nor that i want to be scared all the time. i want to work if possible. they all tell me not to go home but i dont want to take chances. i am so hurt and so devastated emotionally, physically and mentally.

if he wont sign the divorce, can i do something about it? i dont want to leave this country without it.

Comment

Unfortunately being admitted on K1 visa you don't have much of a choice. If your husband is not willing to petition you for a permanent residence you have no choice but return back to your home country. Even if you marry another USC you'd still have to go back and start the visa process all over again This is because K1 visa laws are very specific and prohibit adjustment of status while in the U.S. under *no* circumstances except through marriage to the K1 visa petitioner.

Cheers.

Comment

Isabela143,
        It's unfortunate what happened. If I were you this is what I would do:
        I would stop complaining right now and deal with the situation in hand, that is at least finish with the GC interview or get the divorce paper. Once everything is over, I would go to Niagara Fall and cry until if filled up. Right now, what you need is not to think about how heartbroken you are or how abused you have been, but how to solve the problem. If you dont do that, you will just keep diving into more trouble. So, girl wake up and get control over your own destiny before someone else does.

Comment

Hi isabella...

Sup and cisse both are right.... U cant do much if u came here on K1...u have to get married to the same person who filed K1 for u...otherwise u have to go back...so act accordingly and after that there is a lot of time to cry abt what happened to u...good luck...Pasha

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation