Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW!!!

I work for a living as well. I did not or do not get anything from my parents. However, there are ways to live together if you really want to. I found rent where I live for about 800 a month. Let me say that the apartment was quite nice. If you can not afford that much a month, how did you afford all the immigration fees? Being married for 5 months but not spending the night together, where is the intimacy in this relationship? One solution I see is to talk with your sister and offer her some rent for so many months and then try to put some money aside and move on your own. There are decent rental apartments for decent monthly rates. Wish you the best.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I don't know how we got on that subject, but she told me that if INS suspects something, i.e. older husband, younger wife, they go as far as coming to the house and checking the bed sheets.

My filing isn't going via my husband, and I don't know if that is true, but if that would be happening to me, I'd be on the Barricades, suing the US of A all the way to the Supreme Court of Europe!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why in the World would you bite the hand you're begging to feed you?

Comment

Let's make one thing clear here. I am not begging and I don't need the USA. I have received a good upbringing and I have a decent education in a country that is not considered 3rd world. I have been paying taxes (all of them) ever since I set foot into the USA and I don't owe anyone a penny.

I have not ever seen any fried chickens fly into anyone's mouth here! The USA is not Eldorado, so stop glorifying it as such.

That said, I have pride and if, as discussed with the doctors wife, the INS would come to my house to check bed sheets, because I've chosen to fall in love with an older or younger man, I'd be more than offended.

Who do these people think they are?
        “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

Kollerkrot,
          the funny part is everyone who talks the US and talks like "I do not need to be here" ans this and that.For some funny reason though,you are still here.There is a saying "love it or leave it" and you need to understand why INS sometimes does what they do because US is the only country that has the most scammers and immigration frauds etc etc...no other country has this problem.

History in this country proofs that alot of people married us citizen just to be able to be here...Thats why this Conditional GreenCard thing came about years ago...

And there job is to detect fraud amd scammer,and usually the ones who commit that are the ones questioning it and are getting mad.

Look I am originall from Europe,met my wife a US citizen and decided to get married.
          I never felt a pressure or was annoyed by,how INS double check things,asks lots of questions etc etc to assure the marriage was or is real.
          Because I had no problem with it,since I understood why they are doing it.And I would do the exact same...so I had nothing to hide or be afriad of the INS....usually the ones who have something going on are the ones complaining and talking "why they do that,who do they thin they are etc etc"
          Like I said...You do not like it "Get The F' Out" and stop complaining...

Ultimately,everyone who complains on and on,their skinny A.S.S.'s are still here and have the nerv to say "I do not really need to be here" well to them I say "Don't let the dorr hit you on your way out of this country then"

I can not immigrate to Germany,and complain why the germans do this and that and why not that and this,and who they think they are....
          U do not like it, get out.PERIOD!!!

Comment

Immigration cases are in most instances much, much more involved than just the superficial administrative process. If the "shut up and leave" scenario could always be realized as easy as it sounds, many families, I bet, would have taken advantage of it – long before any fascist a.s.s.h.o.l.e could ever say anything. However, because there are families and livelihoods to be taken into consideration it's just not that easy.

I was defending against dmartmar's stupid statement to my last post "Why in the World would you bite the hand you're begging to feed you?". In that he is suggesting that immigrants are dogs, are beggars, have fewer rights and can be dehumanized. And, I have yet another statement to make on that one: dmartmar you don't know what the **** you are talking about. The American Government does not extend a hand to any immigrant. If one is granted stay, you better have a lot of money, or you have someone to vouch for you until you do.

I am not filing via a husband and would not be subject to this kind of treatment. However, I am upset to hear that the American Government would allow such measures, and am very sorry for the people that are subjected to it. And, as I said, I don't owe anyone – I would not beg and without a warrant, I would not let the INS come and snoop around in my bedroom, as I think this is the lowest of the lowest, degrading dehumanizing deed I have ever heard of!

PS. I don't have to be here, but I want to!
            “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
              The life of an immigrant is tough and million times tougher than the native American's. The money earned are not easy and nothing is given away by the US government. Every single penny is earned. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The life of an "illegal immigrant" might be tough (as it should be). The life of a legal immigrant must be much easier then it is in their own county or they would not be here. You are a perfect example. Every single penny is earned by Americans also. I don't see any of my American friends getting anything for free !

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Who do these people think they are? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who do you think YOU are to question those you are counting on to give you what you want?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dmartmar:
                  <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Who do these people think they are? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who do you think YOU are to question those you are counting on to give you what you want? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's make one thing clear here. I am not begging and I don't need the USA. I have received a good upbringing and I have a decent education in a country that is not considered 3rd world. I have been paying taxes (all of them) ever since I set foot into the USA and I don't owe anyone a penny.

I have not ever seen any fried chickens fly into anyone's mouth here! The USA is not Eldorado, so stop glorifying it as such.

That said, I have pride and if, as discussed with the doctors wife, the INS would come to my house to check bed sheets, because I've chosen to fall in love with an older or younger man, I'd be more than offended.

Who do these people think they are?

Your above quote was coming out of nowhere - and I am thinking you are just looking for an argument. I have therefore gone through the whole thread to dig up the message this line is in reference to.

I have said, I would be very offended if INS would want to come into my house and check bed sheets. Legal or not, for me, this is a human rights issue - that I would not submit to.

However, you are one of the people, that harbour the opinion that immigrants are of lesser value and should submit. Darling, have I got news for you!! I am not the average bear!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dmartmar:

Who do you think YOU are to question those you are counting on to give you what you want? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have given and continue to give a whole lot to this country, and nobody, and especially not the completely brain-washed kind, such as you, will tell me what to do. I filed, if everything goes through, fine, if not, fine too. I'll go back to Europe and continue my life. I'll take my son (who by the way wants be a Marine) and my daugther, who is presently going to college and all three of us will then support my country. I would not look back!!

Regards,

Comment

newyorker:

so how did the interview ultimately turn out?? let us know how it went!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation