X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Marriage Interview

Hello Everybody,

I am a little confused and would be very greatful for your responses.

Me and my lovely wife will have a marriege interview in couple of weeks (married for 5 months). We love each other and nothing should go wrong but there is only one BUT: We don't live together. We meet almost every single day, but we don't spend the night together. Reason: I live with my sister and her husband (They don't want my wife to live with all of us). My wife lives with her mother and shares room with her brother, so there is no place to stay there either.

1) Should I be honest at the interview and tell them the whole truth or should I say we live all in my sister's house?

2) When will I recieve the employment authorization, so that I can start work and rent an own appartment for me and my wife?

3) I am afraid of telling the truth in 1), because we only have following documents:
    - joint bank account
    - photos
    - invitation from friend

If you have any hints or advises which documents I could bring as well, I'll consider them respectfully!

Thank you for your answers!

Hello Everybody,

I am a little confused and would be very greatful for your responses.

Me and my lovely wife will have a marriege interview in couple of weeks (married for 5 months). We love each other and nothing should go wrong but there is only one BUT: We don't live together. We meet almost every single day, but we don't spend the night together. Reason: I live with my sister and her husband (They don't want my wife to live with all of us). My wife lives with her mother and shares room with her brother, so there is no place to stay there either.

1) Should I be honest at the interview and tell them the whole truth or should I say we live all in my sister's house?

2) When will I recieve the employment authorization, so that I can start work and rent an own appartment for me and my wife?

3) I am afraid of telling the truth in 1), because we only have following documents:
    - joint bank account
    - photos
    - invitation from friend

If you have any hints or advises which documents I could bring as well, I'll consider them respectfully!

Thank you for your answers!

Comment

Can anybody help me and my wife with my situation??
      Please!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewYorker:
        Can anybody help me and my wife with my situation??
        Please! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please do tell the truth. It is a federal offence to lie to an immigration offical. I think what you said in your statement, that you cannot afford your own appartment yet, because you don't have an EAD, is the truth and a very logical explanation.

This is just my opinion - I am not a legal advocate.
        “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

While your explanations are true, it really sounds strange. So, it is safe to conclude that your id's have different addresses. That my friend will be a challenge to over come!

You better come up with more evidence to counter that weakness. If the marraige is bonifide and you can prove that, there is no law that requires you to live together.

To a regular person your reasons make sense, I don't know if I would chance it before an officer.

Oh, just make sure your id addresses match....and that is my 2 cents!!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">condem </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for you answers!

The thing is we do really love each other and we would like to pass this interview.

The thing is, if we'll be honest, then they will ask us a lot of details and what if my wife or me does not remember what colour his/her tooth paste was or some other details..

And about other documents which may support us...we don't know..

We don't know what to do. Does somebody has an idea?

Comment

Are you serious?

Are you trying to make the point that you are so in love but have never told your wife the color of your toothbrush?

True love has a way of showing regardless of the evidence. I am sorry to say but your panic concerns me, get a lawyer and do it quick!!

Again, your story is sympathetic, but not to a trained interviewer. I hope and pray that you get your own place before the interview. Seems you are stuck on the living together part. Wierd!!!

Good luck!!

Comment

It's my understanding that you are entitled to your EAD after 90 days. If you do not recieve it within 90 days (which you did not) you can set up an appointment with your immigration office and go in person to get your EAD. They have to give it to you.

Comment

looks to me your marriage is fraud, and its entered to obtain the immigration benifits. don't get me wrong, your situation speaks for itself. Alien who marry someone, should be able to fulfill his commitment, regardless of his parents brother sister , or her family.. you marry her you should live together, unless there is a forced seperation beyond control.. Period.
                  Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

U love your wife and yadi ya....

Appkication denied my friend and anyone who believes this f up story is a fool.

This is a big time fraud...a man that says "i love y dearly wife" but we do not live together hahaha...how pathetic,not to mention you guys do not spend one night together under one roof.

You will be denied....or asked to come for a 2nd interview to be denied...

sorry but thats the truth....never heard of a BS story like that before.

Comment

Thank you one more time for those who respectfully gives information.

For those who makes some judgements about my relationship with my wife, I would like to say the following:For those of you, who said my marriage is a fraud, please listen carefully.

First of all, for those who get everything from life and who doesn't even know what it is how to earn some money, because they already got it from their parents, they should think first, before they make judgements about others. Not everybody is able to effort everything he/she wants. Ofcourse I would be happy to live with my wife in our own apt., and I'll do my best, to make it true, soon.

I just want to say that some people don't think enough before they make comments. Please have some respect, because you don't know how the situation looks like in real. So next time please think more about what you want to comment, because you might hurt somebody's feeling, like you did to us.

Comment

NewYorker,

you need to understand something,if we in this forum,as insider,and being on the applications side and try to help and support.You need to know,if you did not convince us with your story etc or situation,now how the h.e.l.l. will INS will believe for one second your story.

Realize that!

And the other thing is...many in here,lived with their wife,without having a job and wihtou having a money and were still able to be with the wife they married under one roof.Either with you or at her place or at her in laws place.

So,you guys do not live under one roof? and u are married? makes no sence and no logical sence...money is not the issue and it will not fly with Immigration and INS either.

The minute INS will find out you guys do not even share the same bedroom,not to mention the same house....my friend,if this story makes us think its fraud,no imagine what INS will do.

Remember the biggest sign of fraud ever is,getting married and not living together.Thats the number one way to detect fraud,and you already broke that.
                        Why the hell do you think INS wanna see proof,you guys really truly live under one roof and share a live together like a regular wife and husband...even poor couples live together...

But I already know what this,and its fraud...if we re wrong prove it..but all u prove is more reasons why ins will/would deny you.Honestly.

Think about it...even not married couples live together and share bills together.You are married and do not even sleep one night under your wifes roof aka same roof?
                        enough said.
                        You live with your sister? aha...thats why u came to this country,your sister or someone figured something out for you,to do a fake marriage in order to get you here so you can stay with them etc etc....dude,you a.s.s. is grass.U already have some family members here such as your sis?...dang,thats history there.

PS: INS usually asks you questions,of which they already know the answer.
                        And the fact you do not live with your wife is something they already know.How? they type in your social,and see the address u are listed under,they type in your wife's address and see where she has been listed and for how long.

Joint bank account makes no difference for the marriage interview.Invitation from a friend is useless lol.You need solid proof...

Comment

When I went for my medical examination I had a nice chat with the wife of the doctor who also happened to be the receptionist of the practice.

Unbelievable, simply unbelievable!!

I don't know how we got on that subject, but she told me that if INS suspects something, i.e. older husband, younger wife, they go as far as coming to the house and checking the bed sheets.

My filing isn't going via my husband, and I don't know if that is true, but if that would be happening to me, I'd be on the Barricades, suing the US of A all the way to the Supreme Court of Europe!!!

Regards,
                          “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

i would like to believe you but i also know people who are renting a bedroom of a house where there are 3 other couples or even live in the living room just to be together,i"ve seen them built partitions or dividers, a little something they can call their space. am surprised it did not occur to you to prove to her that you wanna be with her all the time and 5 mos.now? Goodluck!! just answer what you are asked and don't give info that is not necessary.maybe an officer will over look the details, i hope, also i never heard of officer asking personal stuff, they look for hard evidence like health insurance, bank account, bills with both your name on it .yes address too.really godluck and let us know how it went

Comment

i just have to digest it a little bit,you can't be too bad of a couple that your sister can't have you. and what??? your wife shares a room with her brother?? i hope her brother is a kid and not an adult??Are you guys minor?good luck anyway.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation