Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• citizenship test

I have my interview in a few days and i have no idea what to expect when i get there. Someone told me that they ask you the questions related to the government and they grow through the N400 form with you. Can anyone here tell me in more details what will happen when i get there? i'm so nervous about this!!

I have my interview in a few days and i have no idea what to expect when i get there. Someone told me that they ask you the questions related to the government and they grow through the N400 form with you. Can anyone here tell me in more details what will happen when i get there? i'm so nervous about this!!

Comment

Dear Ixi: Don't be nervous. Here is the link to USCIS: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis. Go to Services & Benefits and then to Citizenship. You'll find all the questions and answers there.

On the day of the interview take with you all the documents requested in the notice. If you're nervous you may want to go with a friend or family member. They can be with you but cannot speak for you.

You'll be placed under oath and the immigration officer will go through all your answers on your application. He or she will make corrections on the form, if necessary. Then you'll be asked several questions from the list of questions (they are on the site above) and finally you'll be asked to write a simple sentence in English. That's basically it. It will take about an hour. You will be informed when the swearing in ceremony will take place (or this information will be mailed to you).

Take heart, it's easy. Good luck.

Comment

ixi, like verbalist said that is correct. On the day of the interview you must take with you all the documents that the INS requested in the notice and anything else that might help you. If you're nervous you may want to bring a friend or family member. They can be with you but cannot speak for you. You will be called alone.

Before the interview starts,You'll be placed under oath and the immigration officer will go through all your answers on your N-400 application. He or she will make corrections on the form, if necessary. Then you'll be asked several questions from the 100 american history civics questions given to you previously. They usually ask approximately 8-10 questions and finally you'll be asked to write a simple sentence in English and read a simple sentence in english. Then print and sign the N-400 in about two or three different places and that's basically it. This will take about 45 mins. If everything goes well and there are no arrest/disposition records to clarify, You will be informed immediately the same time when and where the swearing in ceremony will take place (or if there are arrest/disposition or some other questions that needs clarification the decision information will be mailed to you this takes about 120 days. Two things can happen they can approve and everything is ok then you are given a swearing date on the other hand they can disapprove and explain why and how to appeal their decision . Sometimes when they diapprove an applicant N-400 the INS issues arrest warrant immediately). Good Luck. God Bless America Forever. Speedy.

Comment

To Speedy: Did you say if they don't approve your N400 you may get arrested sometimes?Usually what kind of situation trigger that?

Comment

Don't worry! If you made it to the interview, there is probably nothing that you can be arrested for. It could happen only in extreme circumstances - if, for example there is an arrest warrant for you or you are suspected of a serious crime. I have never heard it happen at the naturalization interview. Again - good luck. Oh, and let us know.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation