Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSPA Section 203(h)(3) Retention of Priority Date

I have filed an Adjustment of Status in 2007 at the USCIS local service center here in Chicago, I was claiming Section 203(h)(3) of the Child Status Protection Act whereas I can retain my father's original priority date of 1982 (an F4 petition by his sister). At this time, I am awaiting for the decision. Anybody has similar case?

I have filed an Adjustment of Status in 2007 at the USCIS local service center here in Chicago, I was claiming Section 203(h)(3) of the Child Status Protection Act whereas I can retain my father's original priority date of 1982 (an F4 petition by his sister). At this time, I am awaiting for the decision. Anybody has similar case?

Comment

...just some useful reading in case you haven't seen it yet
      http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,1005-patel.shtm

Comment

Thanks a lot, but I already read this. I am really interested in knowing others who have the same CSPA case.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jay2:
          Thanks a lot, but I already read this. I am really interested in knowing others who have the same CSPA case. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems the only way to get a resolution is to file a law suit.

There are no final guidelines as yet for the cspa

Comment

It seems the only way to get a resolution is to file a law suit.

There are no final guidelines as yet for the cspa[/QUOTE]

Right, this I know, but there are also CSPA cases that had not gone to the court. I heard of some that were adjudicated at the local district offices and they've gotten green cards.

Comment

Hello Jay2

My daughter has a similar situation. She aged out but we all got the GC in May 2006.
              I had a question - in case you can help - she is on a student visa which is valid till May 2012. In case she files papers for AOS (I-485 ?) as you have done - then what happens?. We wait for them to accept it or reject it, she cannot travel outside of the US till a decision has been given, what else?
              And what happens if they reject it? Does she loose her student status?
              I dont want her to file for AOS if it affects her student status.

Please - help!!!!

Thanks
              Geeti

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources