X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change status while on deportation proceeding

Hello all members,

First of all I really appreciate the works done by the contributor and experts on this Immigration matter. I think it tremendously helps immigrant like me to inquire possible answers at least initially before going to the paid immigration attorney for immigration problems.

I am in deportation proceeding but the final order to leave the country has not been issued. My question is : Am I going to be barred to enter the US for 10 yrs eventhough now I am planning to change my status to J2 since my wife holds J1 (research scholar) and can claim me?

I would really appreciate your answers and thank you in advance!

Hello all members,

First of all I really appreciate the works done by the contributor and experts on this Immigration matter. I think it tremendously helps immigrant like me to inquire possible answers at least initially before going to the paid immigration attorney for immigration problems.

I am in deportation proceeding but the final order to leave the country has not been issued. My question is : Am I going to be barred to enter the US for 10 yrs eventhough now I am planning to change my status to J2 since my wife holds J1 (research scholar) and can claim me?

I would really appreciate your answers and thank you in advance!

Comment

Once you are in proceedings, you cannot change your status, as you are no longer in status.

Comment

How can you change status to J2 if you are in deportation proceedings? If you are deported, you will be barred for 10 years and being married to a J1 will mean much of nothing. There's no waiver until your spouse becomes at least a green card holder.

Comment

let me be the first one to say to you: BYEEEEEE!!! Don't forget to refer all your shady friends to come here for help. Thank you for your patronage.

Comment

Thank you all for taking time to respond my questions. So long then..

I just like to leave a quotes from Martin Luthern King Jr for federale

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."
            — Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Look up non immigrant waiver.

You have to be in status to change to another one.

Comment

The OP ($hitbag) has no status to change from, because this $hitbag is a visa cheat....

Comment

and no bogus marriage is going to save you....so, get the EFF out of my country.

Comment

Excellent S12 to the point as usual. Cheers!!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation