X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldE
    replied
    You will have to give them a call and find out.
    They surely (or i assume so) sent you the notice of action with the local phone number to contact if you had any questions or were unable to appear as scheduled, didn't they?

Leave a comment:

• Brit4064
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by circle:
    whether they are contracted or not on their uniform it states immigration officer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It does but I wouldn't take their advice as gospel (especially the 1-800 line). A lot of the time it's either wrong or old information.

Leave a comment:

• circle
    replied
    whether they are contracted or not on their uniform it states immigration officer.

Leave a comment:

• Brit4064
    replied
    Thank you fedNUT. You confirmed they are contract personnel which is what I stated.

Try and get YOUR replies right.

BTW, the first level of the USCIS 1-800 "mis-information line" is also contract staff.

Leave a comment:

• federale86
    replied
    ACS are part of USCIS, staffed by USCIS and contract personnel. The head of each ACS is a USCIS employee.

Try and get your facts straight Brit.

Leave a comment:

• Brit4064
    replied
    The biometrics are not done by the USCIS. They are done by ASC who are contracted by the USCIS. The ASC seems to be more accommodating on change of appointments:

"Our appointment notice will explain alternatives if you cannot make your appointment."

Application Support Center

Leave a comment:

• therussian
    replied
    Funny joke You have to be able to change the appointment anything else would be unreasonable.
    I had mine on a free day where I was planning to do something else , but i figured i better go to my appointment

Leave a comment:

• Brit4064
    replied
    Often the appointment letter will state you can go anytime or any specific day (like every Wednesday for example) after the scheduled date for up to 120 days after the appointed date. Check the wording on your NOA letter.

Leave a comment:

• federale86
    replied
    You can easily change the appointment by calling.

Leave a comment:

• circle
    replied
    Definitely not. I know someone who had an appointment this past tue. Her mom was with her and had an appointment the following wk -when she asked if she could be fingerprinted that day they said no. However, the few people that was there came earlier than their scheduled appt and had their fingerprints done and was on their way

Leave a comment:

• JAlevreas
    replied
    No, it is not possible, unless you contact the USCIS and reschedule your appointment

Leave a comment:

• mel123
    replied
    Can someone who has experencied the similiar situation tell me if it is possible to go for Biometrics before the schedule date, as I have some other plans on that day.

Thanks !!!!!

Leave a comment:

• mel123
    started a topic Biometrics

Biometrics

Can someone who has experencied the similiar situation tell me if it is possible to go for Biometrics before the schedule date, as I have some other plans on that day.

Thanks !!!!!
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation