X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT and H1 problem

Hi,
    I am on OPT now and have a full time job. Unfortunately by the time my employer applied for the H1 visa ,the quota was already used up. My OPT is expiring in February 2007 and I am not sure how to maintain the status. My employer agrees on applying my VISA the next year ,but I am not sure how to keep myself from going out of status. The question I had in mind is that I can work until February and than get an I20 ,but there is no semester in Feb so should I apply for Summer I-20 or quit my job in December and get back to school in January semester. As far as I know we usually have 60 days of grace period after the OPT expires to make a decision. I am not sure if I should apply for Summer term or for January term. To be very honest I want to work until February or as much as I can because I will go for a Masters program and need money for that. Please reply at your earliest convenience. Thanks in advance.

Hi,
    I am on OPT now and have a full time job. Unfortunately by the time my employer applied for the H1 visa ,the quota was already used up. My OPT is expiring in February 2007 and I am not sure how to maintain the status. My employer agrees on applying my VISA the next year ,but I am not sure how to keep myself from going out of status. The question I had in mind is that I can work until February and than get an I20 ,but there is no semester in Feb so should I apply for Summer I-20 or quit my job in December and get back to school in January semester. As far as I know we usually have 60 days of grace period after the OPT expires to make a decision. I am not sure if I should apply for Summer term or for January term. To be very honest I want to work until February or as much as I can because I will go for a Masters program and need money for that. Please reply at your earliest convenience. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation