Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Question: 787 c

Here is the situation. My unmarried 27 year old daughter who is waiting for a visa number has changed her original country of residency. She is living in a different country now and can't return to her original country. Will the state department forward her future correspondence or interview her in the new country she is residing in right now? Do I need a lawyer?

Here is the situation. My unmarried 27 year old daughter who is waiting for a visa number has changed her original country of residency. She is living in a different country now and can't return to her original country. Will the state department forward her future correspondence or interview her in the new country she is residing in right now? Do I need a lawyer?

Comment

Do I get the feeling I'm the only one who ever had such a problem?

Comment

Bouree,
        Don't waste your money on an immigration lawyer. your application is presently with the state department and not immigration services. Why in the world you would need a lawyer when you have completed all requirements with immigration services? That's insane !!!! Just call the state department and they 'll guide you on your next move. Good luck.

Comment

Decent,
          Thanks for your reply. I contacted the state dept and was told that many applicants use the services of lawyers. Anyone else?

Comment

Yes, many people do use the services of a lawyer, but unless there are extenuating circumstances, it's not necessary.

You shouldn't have problems so long as you keep her address updated. She will need to be able to get police records from her previous countries of residence as well.
            The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Yes, its better to consult that to an attorney that are expert in visa and immigration issue and ask him what to do about it.

USA

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by madisonlialc28:
                Yes, its better to consult that to an attorney that are expert in visa and immigration issue and ask him what to do about it.

USA </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which is exactly what you'd expect to hear from a spammer hawking a paid visa service. A word of warning to anyone tempted to click on the link - this particular service has had multiple complaints against it.

The fact of the matter is that no company or lawyer can guarantee you a visa. They can tell you the odds based on the information you give them and they can ensure that paperwork is filled out correctly and filed in a timely manner along with all fees. If your case is straightforward and you are capable of doing that on your own, save your money. If you do need help, go to a reputable immigration attorney, not a company like the one listed above.
                The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Thanks for sharing your personal experience.
                  ovulation tests

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed