Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CR-1 travel question

Can a spouse with a CR-1 visa leave and reenter the country without Advanced Parole?

Can a spouse with a CR-1 visa leave and reenter the country without Advanced Parole?

Comment

A CR-1 should never have advance parole.

A CR-1 is the immigrant class for spouse (married less than two years) of a USC granted through the Consul. A CR-1 should have a visa for single entry into the US. When they get here, the visa should be canceled and they should get an I-551 stamp, proof of resident status. They should then get a "green card" valid for two years. After two years, they should file an I-751 to remove the conditional status and get a 10 year card.

CR-1 can travel with a valid passport with valid I-551 stamp, or a valid "green card", or an expired 2 year card and the extension notice, I-797 receipt of the I-751.

CR-6 applies for AOS. While AOS is pending, CR-6 needs advance parole. A CR-6 who leaves the US w/o AP becomes a CR-1 and starts all over through the Consul. By that point they will probably be married over two years and become an IR-1.

Comment

hi there...

old man is 100 % right.... i did DCF and came here on CR-1 visa... i got I 551 stamp right a way on airport that was valid for travel and work ....

so there is no need to get AP at all.... Good luck...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation