Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previous raid=passage of comprehensive immigration bill

I know most of you guys that supports enforcement-only and do not want any type of guest worker ever, smiled when you heard of the raid and the deportation of more then a thousands undocumented migrants.

One thing that you guys should know is that those raid arent being used to tell the american people that they will only do enforcement and ignore the 11 million people..those raid are doing just the opposite..those raid are being used to convince congress that they are serious about enforcing the law and they should go i and pass the hagel/martinez bill...

Tom tancredo is no longer suggesting that a guest worker provision should never be implemented, but he's saying that enforcement should go first, then we will think about a guest worker P....Now their main concerns is, if we do enforcement + guest worker together, then the govermen will only do the guest worker part and leave out the enforcement.

Well, those raid were done to convince congress that they will do enforcment, and that they should go ahead and enact the hagel/martinez bill

I know most of you guys that supports enforcement-only and do not want any type of guest worker ever, smiled when you heard of the raid and the deportation of more then a thousands undocumented migrants.

One thing that you guys should know is that those raid arent being used to tell the american people that they will only do enforcement and ignore the 11 million people..those raid are doing just the opposite..those raid are being used to convince congress that they are serious about enforcing the law and they should go i and pass the hagel/martinez bill...

Tom tancredo is no longer suggesting that a guest worker provision should never be implemented, but he's saying that enforcement should go first, then we will think about a guest worker P....Now their main concerns is, if we do enforcement + guest worker together, then the govermen will only do the guest worker part and leave out the enforcement.

Well, those raid were done to convince congress that they will do enforcment, and that they should go ahead and enact the hagel/martinez bill

Comment

Jean2005: Your analysis of the American political process is off-base, as usual.

You can rest assured that lawmakers have heard an earful from their constituents...and said constituents want their borders enforced and you and your freeloading illegal countrymen deported.

I think that you are so unassimilated that you fail to recognize the anger that Americans feel on this issue.

Comment

Now, Jean--Do you really think we, and most Americans who are familiar with immigration issues, don't realize that these sudden efforts at enforcement are a cynical political ploy?!

Even Sen. Reid has come out and said it.

It will take YEARS of enforcement efforts to convince the public that the administration is serious about it, hence years before any guest worker program. One, or even hundreds of enforcement efforts after years of neglect doesn't prove commitment. In fact, the timing of the raids, coming as it does after the "immigration protests" and the failure of the Senate bill, reinforces the claim that it was done purely for political purposes, and will be discontinued as soon as those purposes are achieved. What YOU should be worried about is that this raid PROVES that enforcement can be done, IF the administration decides it will be.

Comment

Here's in interesting quote from an article in a major newspaper.
          ----------

For conservative Republicans who have argued for a hard-line approach that focuses exclusively on tougher enforcement, the scale of the raids and the arrest of managers could be seen as a demonstration that the Bush administration could be trusted to enforce immigration laws vigorously. Though hiring illegal immigrants has been a crime since 1986, there has been virtually no enforcement of that law, a fact that angers conservatives.

Comment

The american people already support the hagel/martinez compromise by a 67% scale, so when they see the pictures of enforcemen being done, they will be more likely to trust bush into implementing the gues worker program because they are now convince that enforcement is taken place.

Comment

DumbDevilUSA, where did you copy your response from this time?

Comment

Yes, they trust Bush so much that his popularity just hit an all time low yesterday.

Comment

Antivirus: where did you copy your fake Social Security Card from this time? Haven't you been deported yet?

Comment

The american people would gladly accept the hagel/marinez if bush can prove to them that he will indeed do enforcement whyle he does the guest worker provision..and with the new raids, i think the american people are convinced.

Remember, the american public already support the guest worker+enforcement on a 67% scale...unlike the other people like aliba and sundevilusa who just dont want any ype of guest worker EVER even if enforcement had been running for years, the american people would take both, as long as enforcement is running.

Comment

Jean2005: You don't know anything. You are simply hoping...and that is very different.

Your hope is misplaced, though, as the America people will prevail in this regard. There will be no amnesty.

Comment

Ill predict what will happen..in a couple more weeks, new raids will take place that would round up thousands, then it will continue, then the lawmakers that are arguing that the goverment wont do enforcment, wold not have an excuse to why we cant do both since enforcement is currently taking place.

this is sad that so many migrants will pay by being deported, but i think this is the new tactic bush is taken so he could guaranty the passage of the hagl/martinez bill.

now, lawmakers wont be able to come to the floor and say that enforcement is not taking place..enforcement is currently takin place, now we must do guest worker.

Comment

Jean2005: When you say that "now WE must do guest worker," what exactly do you mean by "we?"

I will remind you that you're an illegal alien and not even supposed to be in the country.

You have no say in this matter.

You are "they," not we.

Comment

im sorry to break it to you, but 67% of the american people wants to do both..so when i say "we" i meant the american people and i.

Remember, the american people would gladly do the guest worker program if they are convinced that enforcement will take place....I believe that the convincing is NOW taking place..i really believe this, bu this is on behalf of thousands of migrants that would get deported and maybe i will be caught too, who knows.

Unlike you, you just dont want any guest worker even if enforcement was to be run for years and years.

Comment

Jean--All lawmakers who want enforcement will have to do is show the record of lack of enforcement over the past few years, including 3 such actions for all of 2004.

When any Administration can point to several continuous years of consistent enforcement THEN we can talk "guest worker". Otherwise, it looks what it is--political grand standing to try to get a bill through, which will evaporate once an amnesty is passed.

Furthermore, Jean, we have a perfect right not to want any "amnesty" or "guest worker" program. It is OUR country after all (or at least SunDevil is a legal immigrant), and OUR decision, not yours. Amnesty is a gesture of forgiveness to those who have wronged you. So far, I haven't seen any illegals or employers apologizing for breaking our laws. In fact, I've seen just the opposite--demanding legal status as a right.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation