Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Immediate relative petition for parent of USC.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immediate relative petition for parent of USC.

My question is "does the benificiary of an immediate relative petition of a USC has any derivative benificiaries with the principal benificiary?" i.e. can a parent of USC who is a benificiary of I-130 bring his or her children with him/her as immigrants?

Someone please respond.
    Thanks

Comment

First let's get some terminology straight. Parents of a US citizen are immediate relatives. Siblings are considered principal beneficiaries and are petitioned through the "family preference" system.

A principal beneficiary can immigrate with his or her spouse and unmarried children under 21. These family members are known as "derivative beneficiaries" and can immigrate without a separate petition filed on their behalf, but immediate relatives cannot immigrate with spouses and minor children unless a separate relative petition is filed on their behalf.
      The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Thanks a lot for replying. It means that a parent of USC can not take his family with him on the same petition, right?
        And what about brothers ans sisters of USC?

Thanks in advance for replying.

Comment

Brothers & sisters of USC are siblings.
          The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation