History/Goegraphy Lesson for Sugarpoof

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear IE: What a great deefinition of a*nal retentive! Gotta love Jung.

Comment

Dear Dragonlady:
      I leave the sugarpuff for your amusement now.

BTW, I admire your intelligence.

IE

Comment

Marmaduk, it's not often that I disagree with you... to say that Puff has "offered much more advices & help in immigration matters than most ppl in here" is really stretching it I think. The thread that I started is not the only one Puff has disrupted and taken off track. Granted, Puff has made some helpful posts but I think the higher percentage goes to the excessively NON helpful ones.

This is a classic "Ah, childish insults...the last refuge of the guilty and ignorant." Sometimes one needs to point their finger back at themselves.

Comment

Still, the way i see it we only have limited # of users who frequently visit the board and offer insight & advice on immigration matters, instead of the typical ones who seeks answer to their questions. Sugarpuff might not the most active, but she falls on that category. I would concur that she dwells more on the negative side with many what-if variations, while others like dragonlady took the more positive perspective. Taken together, there're plenty to learn from, for those that seeks answer.
          IMHO, she's nowhere near the level of Michael, Itduzz, Someone12, E,etc when it comes to causing constact distraction to the board, as well as non helpful post, unrelated to immigration matters. Last time, constant bickering and pathetic hijac-king cost this board many valuable members. I would hate to see that happen again.

Just my 2c

Comment

marmaduk, I am going to frustrate your expectations by exercising my FREE will and refusing to respond to your baseless accusation that I cause "constact distraction to the board".

Best Regards,
            IE

Comment

I rest my case.

Comment

Some things in our lives are true "constants".

Comment

You GUYS!!! I am like SOOO blushing right now!

Listen, do you know what is to be gained by being too pollyanna about immigration?? A whole lot of heartache thats what!

I have seen, the "devil may care attitude" get people into a lot of trouble. For instance do either of you really think anyone is better served by making them think that there is absolutely nothing wrong with attending school in the U.S. without being inspected??

There are two constants in life: Death and taxes so the old saying goes. However to non-citizens: the immigration man will screw your life up worse than the tax man will.

If I make ONE person think twice about their actions and its possible ramifications then I have done MUCH MORE for that person than any one with a "f-it, its only immgration" "what are they gonna do cover you with ants" attitude WILL EVER DO FOR SOMEONE.

get used to me, I like it here.

Comment

Might want to change that reference to a K-3 being an "immigrant visa" then.
                    Sure sounds like a "devil may care" slip up to me!

Comment

K-3 is considered an immigrant visa

Comment

Negative. You are confounding "status" and "visa". K-3 visa is non-immigrant entry document or visa. Once in the USA the alien adjusts to gain immigrant status.

Comment

You are confusing law with lore and in this case it is wiser to follow the lore.

I say the K-3 is "considered" an immigrant visa because it is unlike any non immigrant visa.

1. You can not change your status to another non-immigrant status inside of the U.S. if you enter on a K-3

2. You do, have to prove ties to an AMERICAN in order to get the visa NOT TIES TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY as is the case with a true non immigrant visa. Indeed the consular officer will EXPECT that an I-130 has alread been filed on your behalf.

3. Once you have been a K-3, you will never get another non immigrant visa again as a K-3 is pretty clear evidence of immigrant intent. Remember the consular officer does not have to be specific or even reasonable about why s/he considers a non immigrant applicant to have immigrant intent.

Now tell me who is exhibiting a devil may care attitude when calling a K-3 and immigrant visa FOR ALL INTENSIVE PURPOSES.

Comment

To be precise a K-3 is a non-immigrant visa as it does not automatically confer immigrant status when used. The applicant must then adjust status to secure permanent residency.

It is not unlike any other non-immigrant visa - all K visas require the beneficiary to adjust status and if that is not done prior to expiry, the beneficiary and any derivatives must leave. None of the K visas require ties to ones home country for the issuance of the visa. All K types require adjustment on the basis of marriage to the original petitioner, only and all confer only conditional permanent residency if the marriage through which the adjustment is made possible is less than 2 years at the time of adjustment.

Law or lore, as you call it, those are the facts.

I say the K-3 is "considered" an immigrant visa because it is unlike any non immigrant visa.

1. You can not change your status to another non-immigrant status inside of the U.S. if you enter on a K-3

2. You do, have to prove ties to an AMERICAN in order to get the visa NOT TIES TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY as is the case with a true non immigrant visa. Indeed the consular officer will EXPECT that an I-130 has alread been filed on your behalf.

3. Once you have been a K-3, you will never get another non immigrant visa again as a K-3 is pretty clear evidence of immigrant intent. Remember the consular officer does not have to be specific or even reasonable about why s/he considers a non immigrant applicant to have immigrant intent.

Comment

Why did you copy my statement if you were not going to rebutt it?

Other than stating that the K-3 is similar to other K visas what is your point? You certainly have not supported your initial assertation that I am being cavalier or irresponsible by refering to the K-3 as an immigrant visa

I think it is a misnomer to call the K-3 a non immigrant visa as it can mislead one into thinking that it is not leading to a demonstration of immigrant intent.

Comment

All entries are presumed by the POE to be with immigrant intent. It is up to the visitor/entrant to overcome the presumption if entering on a non-immigrant visa or VWP, except in the case of K visas, where the Service developed this with family reunification in mind and to permit fiancés to marry.

Unless you have law revision authority, what you think is really irrelevant and a bit cavalier, in my opinion. It's irresponsible to inform members here that this is an immigrant visa, since it is very clearly not. The regulations impose very specific requirements upon K visa holders that if not followed closely could result in an alien losing status. Better not to confuse is my motto.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation